National Account Manager - Produce
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a National Account Manager - Produce to the External Sales team. The main focus of the role is to develop a strategy to gain profitable sales and maintain current sales with clients who have a requirement for printed labels. It is also to set and own the sales budget for the Produce sales division Y0Y, with update provided through monthly meetings.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Deliver proactive account management to a portfolio of Key National Accounts
- Plan and attend regular update meetings with accounts and Senior Category Leaders
- Manage ad-hoc queries and enquiries generated by account portfolio
- Liaise with internal departments providing required information to ensure customer requests are followed up whilst completing in competitive timeframes
- Manage External and Internal expectations
- Develop new relationships with Blue Chip and private label retail manufactures
- Contribute to strategic planning in the selected categories
- Growing the Sales and profitability of accounts along with hunting new business development
- Contribute on a regular basis to internal and external communications along with forming professional relationships
- Respond to queries on specific sales initiatives relevant to their market and clients
- Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency
- Negotiate pricing and work with commercial terms and contracts within the agreeable standards
- Overseeing excellent customer service to the account
- Forecasting demand and liaising with supply chain to ensure continuity of supply
- Develop and own a pipeline funnel against a new business target with ability to introduce new clients to Coveris based on historic or new relationships
- Ability to present at all levels
- Strong communication skills
- You will need to demonstrate a track record of achieving profitable product sales growth.
- A history of dealing with Bluechip businesses would be advantageous.
- Build relationships with both internal and external customers whilst understanding expectations
- Must be target driven
- Have a sound understanding of modern business planning, negotiation, analytical, commercial acumen and influencing skills
- Strong business development skills to navigate in to growing areas
- External sales experience is essential
- Produce and packaging experience would be preferred
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive business who invest in people. Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please forward your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team. Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.