European Commercial Director
EU Commercial Director
Rigid Plastic Packaging
Based; Midlands/South East
Package commensurate with your experience
We are currently working with one of the more ambitious and driven privately owned rigid packaging producers in Europe. Backed by a significant American organisation this manufacturer benefits from the investment from its owner while also having the autonomy to pursue their own strategy and agenda. As a commitment to its continuing pursuit of being a better-structured and highly professional supplier of choice they are looking to appoint a European Commercial Director.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, this position is responsible for developing, implementing and managing the strategic direction of the business. Including; product positioning, customer relationship management, pricing, marketing and innovation.
- Through a ‘strategic marketing’ perspective you will seek to gain a thorough understanding of the market and its drivers to devise a short and long term sales & technical development strategy.
- With a close eye on the companies’ existing category strategy you will develop the go-to-market plan with a view to garnering a competitive position and driving further sales pipeline.
- A core element of this position is to build upon and further introduce the structure needed to ensure continued performance while also delivering stringent commercial governance, price control, estimation & quotation. It is expected that you are the guardian and driver of commercial performance through clear metrics.
- In tune with the market and its direction, you will seek to engage with and support customers’ long-term innovation projects while also interpreting trends in order to future-proof the business by staying at the forefront of developments.
- Management of the design and development function to create market-leading innovations that are commercially viable, technically feasible and meet the performance needs of the customer.
- Significant experience within the consumer arena you will possess a thorough understanding of FMCG categories and how both marketing & development can contribute to continued sales success.
- An ability to demonstrate a collaborative working approach, utilising high emotional intelligence and awareness to engage internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience and understanding of the consumer packaging arena would be highly advantageous.
- A demonstrable track-record of delivering sustained commercial performance in a competitive consumer market would show a clear suitability for this position.
- A strong leader, you will be highly passionate and communicate this passion in a way that inspires and motivates others within the business.
This is a career opportunity not a job so we invite applications from
committed, career minded individuals.
Due to the anticipated numbers of applicants we kindly ask that any interested parties email their applications through to us. We will aim to respond to all applicants within a two week time frame.