External Business Development Manager - Corrugated Packaging
£34K- £38K (Depending On Experience / Proven Track Record) + 26 Days + Bank Holidays + Company Car + Mobile
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm with a 30 minute lunch break
This role is approx. 2 days in the office and 3 days out on the road.
Our Client is a leading independent well established cardboard packaging manufacturer supplying a range of packaging products to an excellent customer base.
They are currently looking to recruit an External Business Development Manager to persuade senior buyers of both new prospects (20,000+ to include the major Internet Retailers) and existing customers (4,000+) to place physical orders and/or accept a meeting with a Business Development Manager. You will be passed active and qualified leads, our client employs a telemarketing company who generate thousands of leads for the company
- New sales value of £390K in first 12 months, then £720K per year subsequently
- New sales definition - Persuading a buyer (new prospect or existing customer) to purchase something that the company have not previously supplied and target value includes all repeat orders for first 12months from first order
- All company targets are subject to change to ensure they are always SMART and NOT unachievable
- Fulfil minimum 21 meetings per month (based on average 21 working days / month)
- Minimum 15 x daily 'Meaningful Sales Interactions' - primarily generated by cold calling when office based and from qualified leads given at start of each day
- No order processing admin or incoming call handling whatsoever
Key Drivers For Role Success:
- This is a senior-level role, therefore the candidate's ambition & determination must rival the directors.
- A proven track record of sales via telephone vital.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To attend prearranged meetings by a dedicated internal BDM team, as well as generate your own meetings, both of which should be supported by Outlook meeting invitations accepted by all relevant parties.
- Reach out to and cold call pre-qualified leads, as well as generate your own leads when required using own initiative and industry knowledge to ensure targets / expectations are met
- Geographically plan meeting dates / times to make the most efficient use of time / fuel.
- Complete abbreviated log of each call on CRM database (Shuttleworth)
- Ensure that database is well maintained (event title, PECS, BDMi notes box and event comments box completed) and event 'due dates' are met at all times
- Attend any relevant training courses and develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety, and Quality Management
- In order to help in the efficiency and smooth running of the Company, you must recognise and fully accept that the Company may require you to work in any section carrying out other duties within your capabilities, as the workload so requires
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively under your own initiative
- Ability to challenge / persuade telephone prospect if hurdles need overcoming
- Comfortable making unsolicited calls
- Able to demonstrate previous 'cold call effectiveness'
- Superb telephone manner & communication skills
- Comfortable communicating with directors and prestigious blue chip companies
- Quick thinker
- Team Player
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- Confident and able to engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Pro-active work ethic
- Organised and efficient.
- Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Office
- Educated to a minimum