NEW VACANCY! (PK5838)
Circa £25K + Laptop + iPhone + Pension + Death in Service + Car (Audi A3 or similar)
The products will be and can be used across all industries. The ability to sell and develop business relationships within food, medical, horticultural industries and beyond will be an asset to the candidate.
The role will require contacting potential customers, identifying their needs, persuading them that the company's products and services can best satisfy those needs; closing the sale by agreeing the terms and conditions; providing an unparalleled after-sales service all while enhancing business relationships and developing new products with the customer.
Although working within the sales team you will be working and operating within an untapped market. Persistence, lateral thinking and continuous review of new customer leads are key elements to this role.
- To maintain accounts through selling existing products and develop new accounts through product development.
- Maintain margins through price increases with an eye to increase business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities are available.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organisation.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- To develop new products through discussion with new and existing clients anywhere in the world.
- To contribute to a bi-weekly sales team activity report and meet the sales director whenever required.
- To attend monthly sales meetings at head office in Shropshire.
- To follow up on samples sent out to various customers and close deals/secure business.
- To handle complaints to a resolution with the assistance of QA.
- To accommodate any other working requests from your manager.
- Meet/exceed sales budgets.
- Present new products and services to enhance existing client relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Attend industry functions, such as trade shows on behalf of the company, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Someone who has some experience selling food packaging or a good knowledge of the industry.
- A few years ideally in an internal workplace who wants to step up or who has experience in field sales.
- Must be willing to learn quickly and adapt in a fast moving company.
- Hard working, able to work autonomously, likeable, confident, rounded and enthusiastic for new product developments.
An understanding of food packaging could be a benefit but is not necessary as full product training will be provided.