Our client is leading specialist in the production of thermoformed plastics. Their reputation for quality and technical excellence has resulted in partnerships with some of the most renowned food brands in the world.
This role is within their thermoformed packaging design, prototype and sample department and will involve working directly with their blue-chip customers.
Given the close working relationship with key accounts, we are looking for candidates with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You must be confident in your ability to develop good working relationships with multiple contacts within the accounts. The role involves working in a very fast moving, high pressure environment to tight deadlines so resilience will be a key attribute of the successful candidate.
The successful applicant will possess some or all of the following skills.
- Solidworks experience essential.
- Creative, innovative with a good aptitude for end product functionality.
- 3-axis vertical milling machine programming experience would be advantageous.
- Applicants with an Industrial Design and/or Thermoforming knowledge preferred.
- Would suit a Graduate Trainee 3-D Product Design Engineer or second jobber looking for progression into a role with increased customer contact.
- Highly organised and able to manage a high-volume workload in a fast moving environment working to strict deadlines.
- Resilient and capable of operating under pressure.
- Personable and able to deal with a wide range of customers over the telephone and in person in a mature manner.
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com
Apply for Product Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly