Quality Assurance Manager - Maternity Cover
This is a 10 to 12 months FTC maternity cover for our client
This client is one of world's largest print and packaging groups who is looking to recruit a professional to work in conjunction with the operations team to ensure delivery of the account’s product quality, processes and strategy ensuring all are consistent to the highest standards, while ensuring GMP adherence, excellent quality standards, and compliance to all appropriate client requirements.
Your role will be to develop and deliver best practice regarding quality assurance and quality control practices for a leading pharmaceutical account, via planning, coordinating, overseeing and developing QA/ QC processes; maintaining and developing standard operating procedures and creating consistency in the artwork creation process in line with client/ company strategy, objectives and processes.
- Manage and deliver development of quality practices
- Reduce risk to the business and customer claims YOY
- Improve internal and external quality, non-conformance and customer complaints against target objectives YOY
- Perform internal audits and actively participate and support client audits, develop the capacity to deliver external client audits
- Ensure in conjunction with the studio management team, that the studios are audit ready and in compliance
- Review procedures, policies and processes, report, recommend and implement continuous improvements
- Promote a culture of quality and efficiency
- Log customer complaints and support the studio managers in the investigation process via root cause analysis
- Develop and maintain quality metrics to company and client requirements- monitor and trend performance against targets on quality, reports to client, unit and the quality department
- Control and manage quality system documents (procedures, systems, instructions) in accordance with business and accreditation requirements
- Identify and deliver quality training where required to maximise business profitability
- Observes health & safety and security procedures, ensuring the workplace is free from hazard and report any potential unsafe conditions
- Drive certification efforts to comply with universally recognised standards; ISO, GMP etc.
In addition, the Quality Assurance Manager will also be expected to:
- Travel to client facilities
- Have demonstrated strong written and presentation skills
- Have clear understanding of the requirements of GMP and its application
• Proven experience successfully managing brand production teams within a print, pre-press, or graphics manufacturing environment.
Skills & Abilities
• Significant knowledge of The Company’s products, solutions and services.
• Significant understanding of the market and business environment that affects the assigned clients.
• Significant understanding of effective Pre-media, Print Services, Photo Studio and/or Digital production, processes, roles, tools (digital and conventional) and workflow practices and trends.
• Significant understanding of the assigned clients’ products and services.
Expert in universally recognised quality certification processes, requirements, and/or practices such as the following a plus:
• International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO)
• Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing
• Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP); etc
• Significant knowledge of Pre-media and/or Creative Services and solutions.
• Significant presentation and communication skills (written, verbal).
• Significant people, organisational, and analytical skills (including attention to detail).
Proficient Computer Software Skills:
• Apple Mac equipment and operating systems
• Overall Business software (e.g. MS-Office Suite)
• Proven ability to lead, mentor and manage other managers, supervisors, and/or individual contributors.
• Ability to lead and adapt to the requirements of various client accounts.
• Ability to interpret concept and/or brand guidelines through to artwork execution (e.g. digital, photographic, etc.).
• Ability to develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with peers and colleagues in one or more areas of the organisation.
• Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal clients and/or external clients (e.g. printers, product manufacturers, service providers, and/or clients).
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com