Multi-Skilled Engineer (Electrical Bias preferred) around 60/40 or 70/30-preferred.
We have an exciting opportunity for a local Engineer who would like a secure, permanent position as an Electrical or Multi-skilled Engineer for an excellent company with strong growth plans and development. You will be joining a friendly, lively team of 3 other Engineers and report directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Electrically biased, time served Engineer with good mechanical skills
- Mechanical knowledge is advantageous but this is an Electrical engineer role
- Knowledge of buildings and Services Maintenance
- At least three years’ experience of Engineering within a food production environment
- Continuous improvement tools and techniques
- TPM methodology awareness
- Predictive maintenance techniques
- Planning & coordination
- Experience in flow wrapping, bagging & weigh heads.
- Must understand and have working knowledge of PLC machines
- Experience in the setting up of various pieces of equipment IE coders, case tapers.
- Be a self-motivating individual, who leads by example.
- Ensure Risk assessments and method statements are compliant with all relevant Health & Safety legislation and company procedures e.g. contractor control, isolation and lock off
- Ensure the maintenance procedures, engineering standards / specifications are adhered to when carrying out any work at each site
- Assist the Production Team, providing clear, concise direction to the team where required to help maximise employee contribution e.g. Continuous Improvement and ensure delivery of the maintenance plans across the business unit, as agreed with the Site Director
- Assist the Production Team to use appropriate tools, techniques and resources to ensure all production requirements are met, on time and within budget
- Carry out the role of the Storeman / Planner to become fully conversant with all plant & machinery on site
- Set up and maintain suitable Engineering spares system to cover all sites.
- Assist the Site Director to identify/plan own and team’s development
- Assist the Site Director/Engineering Manager with all start-up installations, commissioning and facility upgrades across Business unit.
- Assist the sites Production managers on engineering related issues to validate interventions and decision-making capability on technical issues.
- Be able to diagnose issues, reasons for issues occurring & root cause analysis to put a fix in place to ensure the issue is permanently closed off.
Only 1 weekend in 3- option to do more if you wish but this is all that is expected.
Hours Mon – Fri on a 3 shift rotation & weekends during seasonal peak July – December.
Shifts are: 06:00 – 14:00/ 14:00 – 22:00/ 22:00 – 06:00.