Key Account Manager - Spirits
NEW VACANCY! (PK5863)
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER
Up to circa £45K + Bonus + Pension + Company Car
Our client is a specialist in the manufacture of beverage and food packaging. A Key Account Manager is currently required to join their team to support sales activities substantially by active involvement in all kinds of customer relations management and Key Account Manager activities.
The role will be a mix of site based with frequent travel to client sites in Scotland. There may also be a requirement to travel across the UK according to account allocation. There will be regular communication with affiliates in Europe and with Pan-European accounts.
A KAM with comprehensive spirits packaging experience is desirable, however someone who is in an Account Managers role with under 5 years' experience but is keen to progress will also be considered.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Primary ownership of selective portfolio of customer accounts, meeting demands of existing customers in the Spirits sectors to ensure effective customer service and achievement of sales and profit targets
- Better understand actual customer needs and apply key account management principles for the benefit of both parties.
- Participation in annual contract negotiations with key customers
- Forecasting sales demand and identifying and following through with new product development sales opportunities with existing and prospective customers
- Review order management activities, including managing and tracking orders, back orders, and deductions
- Manage and track sales calls
- Maintain customer profiles
- Follow-up and develop relationships with the customer
- Track customer performance for management reporting
- Prepare, present and negotiate sales proposals, including pricing and rebates based on existing policies and requests for any pricing/rebate exceptions
- Work with Customer Service and Quality Management teams to track and resolve customer complaints and return issues
- Work proactively with New Product Development Managers to deliver innovative products which meet customer needs
- Three to five years practical experience in service orientated sales.
- Proven understanding of business procedures and practices.
- IT Skills - User knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office applications.
Core Behavioural Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiating and consulting skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Confident and influential presentation skills.
Business and Commercial Knowledge:
- Must be a well-structured individual and be commercially astute with a sound general business acumen.
- Understanding the demand forecasts, mix management and the related financial impacts is critical.
- Demand planning platform knowledge (Sales and operating plan and/or integrated business planning) will be a key advantage.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong business development skills and the ability to work closely with the new product development team in the development and delivery of new products to meet specific customer requirements.