Sales Manager - Direct Contact Food Packaging
NEW VACANCY! (PK5883)
SALES MANAGER - DIRECT CONTACT FOOD PACKAGING
£Attractive salary and bonus package based on experience
(Genuine OTE opportunities of £100K +)
Our client is a well-established plain and decorative rigid and flexible packaging company, from trays to base webs, lidding and high performance barrier films, skin packaging and associated converted products selling into food processors. All products meet strict BRC compliance standards
Due to increased demand they now require a field based Sales Manager in England to report into their satellite office. This appointment is primarily to grow business in England to pick up and develop accounts already coming to fruition. In addition, to lead and develop the external team in England and to play a major role in the strategic development and growth of business in this territory.
Within a 2-3 year period this company are looking at succession planning for the Directors of the business and would like an ambitious self-starter who is keen to see their career develop according to work ethic and commitment to the business strategies.
- Implementation of a new strategic plan to deliver sales growth and improved margin performance via own activities and the team.
- Market analysis to identify and deliver new product and market opportunities.
- Utilise key contacts and relationships within the food industry to expand the business.
- Negotiating in highly price sensitive environments but also practiced in solution led added value selling.
- Management of the external sales team to drive the business development process and deliver innovative/value added products into specified markets.
- Long term recruitment of additional sales personnel to target sales growth in new market sectors.
Requirements for the role:
- The successful candidate will be a specialist in packaging for direct contact food sectors or be a manager within the food processing industry itself.
- Be able to work autonomously at a senior level to grow and develop a successful business unit.
- You will have bags of ambition and drive and will have an entrepreneurial attitude to making this job your own.
- You will be a confident door opener and a strong communicator.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels with strong negotiation and problem solving skills.
- A genuinely attractive basic salary and generous bonus scheme is on offer for the right candidate. All the tools required to complete the job to a high standard are also included.
Ultimately this role has clear progression opportunities with options to become a Director and shareholder of the business.