Hot End Manager
Hot End Manager –Luxury Glass
Must have extensive technical knowledge and experience within Glass manufacturing.
Based; UK & Europe
We are currently working alongside an industry heavyweight within the bespoke production of innovative glass containers mainly for luxury cosmetics and perfumery. After a period of sustained and significant investment, we are now looking to attract a glass expert who is able to utilize their significant experience to train and develop a team of Forming Specialists.
The operation itself consists of three furnaces each with nine 12 section IS machines and world-class R&D facilities resulting in a huge current and potential capacity in addition to industry leading innovation.
We are looking to speak with interested and motivated individuals that view glass making as a science, not an art. You will know the process of glass production inside out. You will be producing glass at it's up most quality, truly beautiful. Design, quality, atheistic, closures and weight will be your main concern in every piece. Experience within Perfumery glass production by design and glass stoppers could be an advantage.
- Managing a matrix team of specialists with a strong dotted line this position will focus on three key areas; predominantly continuous improvement and operational excellence activity while also focusing on improving product quality
- You will be contributing to NPD & development.
- Working with the best designers around you will have a keen eye for the next ‘new’ and look at ways to develop the very best
- Creating and developing a culture of right first time and providing training and development in order to continuously improve your team’s performance and uphold the forming department to world-class operating standards.
- Ensure operational, hot-end best practice and standard operating procedures are rigorously applied by the forming team at all times.
- Take a lead working with Production Managers to achieve measureable improvements.
- Create a Continuous Improvement environment including initiatives such as speed up, light-weighting, job change and defect correction.
- Ensure Forming Specialists’ direct involvement in Job On/Job Off process by capturing and providing data on production history and improvement actions.
- Work with Heads of Departments to optimize conditions for best factory performance.
- Must have significant experience (10+ years) in hot-end forming of which at least 5 years will have been spent as a successful specialist in the area.
- Deep and practical knowledge of hot-end forming operations and a strong working knowledge of IS machines in blow/blow, press/blow and most importantly short neck and blow with an understanding of injection molding.
- Ability to demonstrate tangible world-class achievements in delivering performance excellence across Continuous Improvement, Quality and NPD/R&D.
- Active experience of managing a matrix team of specialists.
The organisation in question is looking for genuine business leaders capable of inspiring significant operational change who may wish to progress further within a Global leading business.
Please apply by emailing your up to date CV and full package details.
Unfortunately due to the expectedly highly levels of applications we are only able to respond to those with the requisite skills and experiences suited to this role.