Field Service Engineer
An exciting opportunity for a Midlands based Field Service Engineer to join the market leading provider of coding and marking equipment and consumables in the UK.
SALARY: Salary £42,000 - £43,000 (including overtime)
· Company Car
· Contributory Pension
· Health Insurance
· Life Assurance
· 25 Days Holiday, plus Bank Holidays
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Birmingham, Walsall, West Bromwich, Tamworth, Solihull, Bromsgrove, Wolverhampton
JOB SPECIFICATION: Field Service Engineer - Marking and Coding
Reporting to the Regional Service Manager, the Field Service Engineer role will require you to provide the highest levels of customer service to their clients across a broad range of coding, marking and printing technologies.
We are looking for candidates who will:
· Carry out field installations, preventative maintenance, equipment health checks and repairs across the broad range of coding, marking and digital print technologies.
· Investigate, diagnose, and rectify any customer equipment faults in a timely manner.
· Ensure continual accuracy of data entered into the service management system.
· Identify opportunities for minor repairs and highlight these to the clients as recommendations.
· Provide technical support and operator training.
· Be able to provide feedback so that you can maintain good customer relations and improve product design.
· Raise complaints where necessary and feedback sales opportunities
REQUIREMENTS: Field Service Engineer - Marking and Coding
We are interested in receiving applications from candidates:
· Qualified to at least HNC level Electro / Mechanical engineer or time served.
· Good customer facing skills
· Ideally a working knowledge of electronic principles and circuit theory
· An understanding of microprocessor- based products and software driven systems.
· Basic understanding of fluid/hydraulic systems and/or printing technology
· Practical knowledge of PC’s and their application in an industrial environment including networking, interface software and data interrogation/ diagnostics of third- party applications.
· Calm under pressure
· Excellent planning and organisational skills
· Self-motivated, ambitious, entrepreneurial and excellent team player skills.
My client was established in 1978 and employ over 2700 people out of 25 offices. They are a fully owned subsidiary of a multi-billion dollar global organisation.
Head quartered in the UK with manufacturing in USA, Europe and The Far East, they offer a capital equipment portfolio that includes continuous ink jet, thermal transfer overprinting, thermal ink jet, laser and print & apply labelling. After undergoing a strategic business review, they are now looking to strengthen their servicing team with a high calibre Field Service Engineer, based in the North West or M62 Corridor
My client have a strong believe in the development of personnel and subject to performance, there is a strong possibility of promotion
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Ian Peterson quoting Field Service Engineer - Marking and Coding and reference IP15349 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683319 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.