Senior Research Engineer
Senior Research Engineer
Based in Sweden
Job ref: CP/40096
Our client develops innovative and sustainable solutions enhancing the well-being of the people and the planet. By integrating breakthrough innovations from their research to their mills, the company transforms ideas into tangible and game changing solutions. They have global presence with operations in Brazil, Finland, Laos, Sweden, United States and Uruguay.
The Division’s Innovation function has a key role in developing new applications and solutions addressing well identified customer needs. The newly established Innovation Centre in Stockholm hosts versatile talents in research & development and business development working together to reach ambitious goals.
The Innovation Centre for Biomaterials is now looking for a Senior Research Engineer. You will join a growing team of process engineers and report to the Director R&D.
You will develop and design new process concepts/product concepts around the focus areas of biobased chemicals, biomass separation, pulp, cellulose conversion and lignin by applying the best available know-how.
You will lead the techno-economic assessment of external opportunities related to the focus areas and beyond. You will give support in the business and marketing projects in understanding the market needs and translating them into technical concepts. You will coach 1-2 laboratory engineers in technical management and lead junior researchers.
· PhD, PDEng or Master of Science in (bio)chemical engineering plus 4-5 years industrial R&D experience
· You have experience within the (applied) chemical or industrial biotech industry
· You have proven experience in R&D project planning and management
· You have experience in at least one of the company’s focus areas
· You combine modeling skills with a hands on mentality to validate or coordinate the validation of your models and assumptions in the lab, at pilot or at industrial scale
· You have strong customer and business focus and are fluent in English
· We need a creative team player who is communicative, analytical, innovative and pedagogic
To apply please contact Carmelo Perez
0044(0) 1789 207070
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Cape Town, Dubai, Düsseldorf, Istanbul, Lyon, Göteborg, Milan, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and Washington.
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Exhibiting at: Kunststoffen, Fakuma, ScanPack, Chemplast Expo, Packaging Innovations, ArabPlast