Area Sales Manager - Food & Drink Automated Line Equipment
NEW VACANCY! (PK5728)
AREA SALES MANAGER - FOOD & DRINK AUTOMATED LINE EQUIPMENT
£28-30K Basic Salary + 3% on all new sales + Other Benefits
Our client designs and manufactures coding and marking equipment for all kinds of materials or surfaces. The company are in an exciting period of growth and development in the UK. This is a company with an entrepreneurial spirit who benefit from the backing of a large group with over 30 years' experience serving the following industries: food & beverage, building materials, life sciences and cosmetics, aerospace, automotive and electronics.
They currently require a Salesperson based in the North of England to manage accounts and to develop business in an area which has huge growth potential in a flourishing market. This dynamic role is part technical and part sales. The core focus of this position is to develop business growth opportunities in the Midlands within the automated food production and other manufacturing sectors.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years in a sales position in the packaging or associated capital equipment sector and will have a strategic approach to new business and have proven successes. However full product training will be given. You will be social media and networking savvy.
It is extremely beneficial if you are used to working in a small team or independently and will be able to work with minimal supervision once full product training has been provided. The role could be ideal for those who want more input and insight into their day to day than just working a 9-5 with rigid responsibilities.
There are clear financial and career progression opportunities within this business.
- Required to manage existing business and account manage the established customers, while hunting down new business opportunities within the territory.
- The Area Sales Manager is responsible for a quality driven customer service within the territory, acquisition of new customers, territory planning, executing and monitoring of all measures necessary to guarantee achieving budget.
- Driving growth in the territory through active and constant customer selection and engagement, targeted sales approach, acquisition across the territory generating growth and plan and execute on a quarterly and annual business plan.
- Managing contracts and pricing agreements in the territory, working with Sales Manager and Site Manager to ensure this is within the desired company bands.
- Assisting quoting and report as and when required.
- The job holder is responsible for delivering key business goals through excellent team-working and self-coaching.
- Clear communication is key to success as the role requires regular dialogue with all business functions and customers.
- Up to 3 years sales experience, preferably in the packaging or production industry
- Knowledge and practical understanding of CRM Systems
- Flexible in terms of UK Travel (visiting customers and trade shows)
- Self-motivating, showing initiative and creativity in generating sales / leads
- Happy to undertake telesales / cold calling if necessary
- Manage existing customer relationships.