An experienced Quality Manager, from a manufacturing background, who can develop a robust Quality Management System, effective Quality Control processes and QC procedures is needed for this Leicester based manufacturer of Retail Display, Point of Purchase and Point of Sale units.
SALARY: £45,000 - £55,000
BENEFITS: Company related
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Derby, Nottingham, Corby, Loughborough, Rugby, Coventry, Hinckley, Nuneaton, Melton Mowbray, Market Harborough, Burton Upon Trent, Grantham, Tamworth
JOB SPECIFICATION: Quality Manager : Retail Display, POP, POS
· You will introduce (some of it from scratch) robust consistent quality control standards and quality manuals) to ISO 9001 certification - including: samples / prototypes, pre-production, and first article inspection
· Once the new Quality Control system is in place, you will also be involved in the recruitment of Supplier Quality Engineers and Quality Inspectors
· Ensure Quality Control is completed on time and to a high standard once formal processes have been created and implemented
· Attend Project Review Meetings with Project Management / Sales teams
· Attend supplier meetings with the Factory Quality Control team
· Feedback any quality relevant production issues to project managers and product developers to help ensure projects are completed on time and to budget
· Generate all Quality Control related paperwork, including excel documents, photos, reports, etc. on Projects, to include both packaging and furniture Quality Control
· Communicate with suppliers to ensure Quality Control standards are kept and maintained to exceed client expectations
· Keep all departments and account handlers informed of project developments, alterations and time-lines required for delivery of project elements
· Support all departments as necessary when project work load is abnormal to ensure continuity. This could include absence for holidays and/or sickness
· Introduce a TQM / Continuous improvement culture, with a right first-time approach - this is your chance to implement and really drive this forwards as there is nothing currently in place
REQUIREMENTS: Quality Manager : Retail Display, POP, POS
· As an experienced Quality Manager, you will have the previous experience of Quality Assurance and Quality Control Management that includes a very robust supply-chain within a manufacturing environment
· You must be able to demonstrate where you have either implemented a Quality Management System from scratch and been responsible for its upkeep and ongoing maintenance to ISO:9001 certification; or modified an existing system/QC process to a level that would give you the relevant experience to be successful in this role
· Your working knowledge of materials, product assembly and manufacturing processes will include one or more of the following: (Metals, Plastics, Printing, Joinery products, furniture)
· The ability to converse on a technical level to resolve Quality Control issues with suppliers, customers and the internal production team
· Competent reading from schematics and understand geometric tolerances
Challenges: Implement an effective Quality Management system to include QA and QC into a manufacturer who will be doing some of their manufacturing on site, but predominately via 3rd party moving forwards (hence the need for a very robust supply-chain).
This well established Retail Display Business project manages the design, manufacturing and installation of Retail Display Units to customers globally. In 2018 they were bought out by a global group with international offices boasting global blue chip clients and established brands as existing clients. Current turnover Circa £20m with aggressive growth plans for further expansion in 2019 and beyond.
In 2018 this well establish manufacturer of Retail Display Units was bought by a global Group. With turnover increasing overnight; and the full group backing for further expansion, this organisation will certainly house great career prospects in the next few years.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: quality control, QMS, quality manager, retail, joinery, furniture, quality management, ISO, 9000, 9001, display, supply chain, supply-chain
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant James Coull quot