Senior Packaging Engineer/Technologist
· Ensure leadership of complex regional growth, efficiency (through value-leadership) and Quality activities as well as brand maintenance initiatives as required.
· Lead a range activities within R&D (at least 1 large Packaging project and several smaller projects).
· Partner with the Global Technology team, representing the relevant regional insights and needs.
· Identify regional packaging business opportunities and provides leadership to drive regional specific packaging initiatives across the organization, in full alignment with the key cross functions
· Direct activities through an understanding of desirability, viability and feasibility.
· Motivate a range of R&D and cross functional associates.
· Act as a Sustainability ambassador in the Region and ensure Sustainability is part of consideration in every NPD or any kind of initiative
To do this role you’ll need:
Masters or degree in Packaging, Packaging Materials, Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry, Polymer Science or Engineering with 10 + years packaging work experience and proven track record (on the Market).
· The Senior Packaging Engineer will have vast knowledge in Packaging systems, Packaging materials and Packaging technologies. Ideally you will have good experience of rigid plastics
· R&D experience in (Packaging/Engineering/Process/Product/Quality) within food or consumer goods.
· Strong technical project management experience (across quality, efficiency and growth projects) with the ability to motivate and direct a technical team.
· Experience of working in cross-functional project teams and multi-disciplinary R&D teams.
· Experience in the application of consumer and sensory data to develop packaging solutions.
· Experience of translating consumer/business insights into scalable packaged product solutions.
· Leadership skills: Proven ability to drive complex Packaging initiatives from concept through qualification and to influence without authority.
· Proven passion and technical capability and demonstrate creativity in turning insights into packaging opportunities and solutions.
· Solid understanding of the desirable, viable and feasible approach and is able to demonstrate problem solving and analytical approaches
Drive for Results, Planning, Peer relationships, Motivating Others, Command Skills, Organizational agility, Listening, Action Orientation, Conflict Management, Creativity, Business Acumen. Scale Up & Deploy, Design for Quality, Risk & Opportunity identification, Internal & External Networks, Insights Discovery & Interpretation, Practices Excellence in Quality, Drives Efficiency.