Senior Packaging Specialist (Fibre/Paper packaging innovation)
As a leading global FMCG food, drinks & nutrition company, our client uses a range of innovative materials, processes and delivery methods that position them as a global innovator, caring about the planet and its resources with the aim to make ALL their packaging recyclable or re-usable.
With sustainability high on the agenda, the packaging team are working hard to develop the most innovative end-to-end materials and process chain there is. Part of the process is analysing new materials and new ways of presenting and packaging our products. So, as a Fibre based Packaging Senior Specialist, there really hasn’t been a better time to come on-board and play your part in the wave of innovation that is central to their vision.
Qualifications/Skills/experience required ....
- Graduate (MSc or PhD) in Packaging Technology/Paper Technology/Material Science/Engineering or related subject
- Excellent knowledge at expert level of solid board, paper making, corrugated board and paper production and converting, coating and surface functionalization
- At least 5 years of industry experience within fibre-based packaging and at least 2 years of internal experience within R&D
- Experience managing interdisciplinary projects.
- Proven participation track in the international projects, conferences, industry associations or similar activities
- You will be working within a highly motivated and dedicated team & proactively define and drive the relevant Science & Technology roadmap and Innovation pipelines, leading to the development and deployment of novel ideas/technologies/methods to the business. More specifically on reducing environmental impacts with an emphasis on recycling and circularity, total delivered cost whilst maintaining class leading consumer-oriented functionality. Furthermore, you will enable active knowledge sharing and expertise building for the fibre-based packaging area within the company.
- Scout and assess state-of-the-art technologies and materials in the fibre-based packaging area
- Develop external collaborations, build and maintain relationships with key scientific and industrial partners
- Lead the technology platform for the area of expertise and ensure mastery of core technologies.
- Provide effective and sustainable packaging solutions using Best-In-Class standards and specifications.
- Provide critical reviews of scientific/technical content of internal and external projects.
- Lead competence development in the field of expertise through training and/or mentoring.
- Develop a certain level of expertise on fibre-based packaging within the group and coordinate succession planning
- Share knowledge and create networks with other communities of experts internally and externally
- What will make you successful ......
Apply for Senior Packaging Specialist (Fibre/Paper packaging innovation)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly