Sales Manager - Materials Handling, Logistics, Packaging
A rare opportunity for a Sales Manager to sell a product that is a generic name in their sector of the materials handling, logistics and packaging market. Excellent career prospects to management.
SALARY: £35,000 - £45,000 - possible flexibility for the right person.
· OTE: £40,000 - £50,000
· Company Car - Estate type
· Full Home, Remote Communications Package including Laptop, Printer, Mobile etc
· Contributory Pension - 10% from the company
· Full Out of Pocket Expenses by Receipt
· 25 Days Holidays plus stats
LOCATION: East Anglia Head Office, covering the UK
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Essex, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Sales Manager / Business Development Manager - Materials Handling, Logistics, Packaging.
· Although you will be given some existing leads to follow up, this will be predominantly a new business generation role starting with your own market knowledge / research and own lead generation, covering the whole UK, so huge potential.
· A solution sell involving initially fact finding and finding out about the potential customer's business and operational issues so you can ascertain whether my client's higher value and quality product solution will be relevant to them.
· You will be dealing at senior manager up to Director level e.g. Logistics, Operations and General Manager upwards, targeting accounts with potential spends of tens of thousands of pounds upwards, ideally £50k+. Initial orders could be quite small with a view to spotting the potential to grow, network through companies.
· Sales can range from small initial orders, to more involved, longer term / lead time, project- based sales.
REQUIREMENTS: Sales Manager / Business Development Manager- Materials Handling, Logistics, Packaging
To be considered for this potentially very rewarding role you will :
· Have a proven track of sales and new business success preferably from a related product or market background , for example industrial products, capital equipment, materials handling , logistics, packaging or related sectors.
· Be driven to succeed, but also have the patience and professionalism to cope with potentially long lead times.
· Have experience selling a premium priced solution rather than a price- based or catalogue type sell.
· Have the commercial awareness to be able to present added value to customers to justify investment and to understand profit in a deal or project.
· Be fully I.T. literate, any languages will help but are not essential
· Be self-motivated and a self- starter.
· Ideally have an engineering background or general practical appreciation including the ability to understand engineering drawings.
· Established over 40 years ago and now operating in over 50 countries worldwide with several European subsidiaries and manufacturing in the USA and France my client is a manufacturer of long- life, premium quality material handling products.
· Their products are a by word for quality, durability, strength and hygiene to the extent that they are a generic brand name in their market.
· Their policy has always been to invest profits in new facilities, technology, tools design and development constantly striving to be world class organisation.
· Their products have been sold in the UK for over 35 years, but in 2007 a fully- fledged UK subsidiary was set up.
Excellent in a successful subsidiary of a multinational company. Working closely with, and supporting the General Manager there will be prospects to take on more responsibility, they are looking for a potential General Manager. There could also be scope for career progression in other countries in the group.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Sales Representative - Materials Handling, Logistics, Packaging, Sales Executive - Materials Handling Logistics, Packaging, Senior Sales Representative- Materials Handling, Logistics, Packaging, Senior Sales Executive - Materials Handling, Logistics, Packaging. Sales / Projects Manager - Materials Handling, Logistics, Packaging.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Rod Plowe quoting Sales Manager / Business Development Manager - Materials, Logistics, Packaging a