Estimator - Corrugated Packaging
MIDLANDS (Please contact me for further location details)
Salary Guide £24K - £30K - this is genuinely flexible for the right candidate
Hours of Work: 8:30am to 5:00pm + additional overtime during busy periods
Our client is a specialist corrugated packaging manufacturer based in the Midlands, they supply their clients with digital, screen and litho printed specialist packaging products and point of sale displays.
They are currently looking to recruit an Estimator to join their team who will report into the Estimating Manager.
Your daily role will be the estimation of enquiries to generate customer quotations. The estimates are produced using a number of different templates within an excel-based system. You will need to gain a good understanding of materials and processes in order to ensure estimates are prepared in the optimum manner. In addition, the Estimating department is a busy section; the role will require you to work with a high level of accuracy and concentration whilst maintaining a strong level of work output.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- You will prepare estimates and customer quotations in line with guidelines and training which will be given
- Communication with customers to clarify requirements and discuss queries
- Interpretation of customer requests, cad files and artwork files to gain an understanding of customer's requirements
- Input of job details onto spreadsheet templates
- Determination of variable factors to reflect manufacturing routes and speeds
- Obtain prices for non-standard materials / components and build into the estimate
- Application of mark-up percentages
- Preparation and submission of quotation
- Careful and flexible management of workload to ensure estimates are processed according to priority
- Be able to work in a time sensitive environment
- Ongoing communication with other departments and particularly:
- Design / Graphics in relation to the cad files and artwork files that give the basic input data for the estimate
- Sales Team regarding estimates that require following up / monitoring and with regard to more complex customer requests
- Internal sales function to ensure customer orders are aligned with quotations submitted or for the amendment of estimates to reflect new circumstances / details
- Close liaison with customers to clarify details and answer questions
- Develop customer relationships over time and aim to deliver a positive customer experience
Skills and Experience:
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to concentrate and focus in a busy office environment
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong numerical skills
- Ability to interpret and visualise three dimensional cad files
- Demonstrate a positive mind-set in dealing with customers and internal staff
Experience in the areas of packaging and / or temporary Point of Sale is preferred. Candidates without experience but who demonstrate the required skills will also be considered and training given.