Packaging Specialist/Senior Packaging Technologist (Bucks/Oxon/South Mids area)
Working within a market leaders' Research and Development Centre, the major contributor for developing Innovative beverage products and is constantly optimizing the product portfolio. Focus of R&D is both on building Technology Platforms and on New Product Development.
The role is responsible for developing packaging material specifications to meet the needs of the consumer, customer, distribution, shelf life, product protection, filling line performance and national regulations. It has responsibility to provide assistance to the Operations Engineering Group to develop and commission factory filling line solutions for new and improved products. The scope covers EU and CEEMA regions . Additionally, the role has the responsibility to identify and develop new packaging solutions to meet anticipated long term business needs across multiple regions.
You will be managing your own individual projects /budgets and have the ability to build a network within global RD&Q, Marketing/Procurement/Manufacturing and externally with Suppliers and Design Agencies. This involves working with senior managers in other functions to assess and drive projects; collaborating cross-functionally and influencing adoption of new packaging ideas.
- Deliver a portfolio of packaging projects for rigid & flexible packaging
- Demonstrate excellent technology knowledge to drive project portfolio delivery
- Prepare project plans and measure performance against these
- Establish network with existing Suppliers, plus develop new Suppliers in conjunction with Procurement. Maintain contact with Suppliers on a regular basis
- Seek new ideas relevant to our brands/ packaging, driving forward strategically relevant innovations, including materials improvements, processes to aid cost savings and improve efficiency
- Prepare specifications from Supplier data and experimental/trial work. Ensure all relevant safety and regulatory certification etc. is available before production
- Engage in organisational effectiveness programmes such as IP Packaging screening, PEP presentations etc.; training and guiding interns
- Required experiences/values:
Apply for Packaging Specialist/Senior Packaging Technologist (Bucks/Oxon/South Mids area)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly