Packaging Technologist - Household Products
A major manufacturer of household products is looking a Packaging Technologist to join its team.
This position requires a highly motivated and results oriented individual with the keen ability to initiate and recommend packaging expertise and solutions to our client’s packaging team. The successful candidate will play a critical role in supporting the overall push to increase innovation, reduce costs, and drive sustainability and continuous improvement across the company.
You Will Contribute Towards This By
- Improving packaging specifications
- Bringing new ideas to the table and drive packaging innovation
- Providing enhanced technical expertise to new initiatives to further support growth agenda
- Developing and roll-out plant specific packaging audits, identifying areas of cost and complexity reduction
- Supporting sourcing initiatives by qualifying and implementing new vendors and new packaging materials and specifications
- Building an ongoing process to reduce overall packaging and support sustainability efforts
- Work hand in hand with R&D, Commercialisation, Marketing, Procurement and Operations
- Refine packaging specifications; revise and optimize all die-lines
- Bring packaging innovation to the business units by material type
- Support key marketing initiatives
- Primary point of contact during packaging design and re-design
- Develop packaging specifications
- Identify and implement cost savings initiatives
- Execute vendor changes at plant level
- Support plants with packaging performance issues
We are looking for candidates who are currently in a similar role. You must have good knowledge of packaging manufacturing and methods; packaging material use; and machine interface. This role also requires candidate with a thorough understanding of legislation and environmental aspects relating to packaging standards.
Experience in the world of personal care/household product packaging will be advantageous.