Machine Technician - Conversion
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday, 8:00am - 4:00pm and Friday, 8:00am - 1:30pm
Our client is a specialist in the manufacture of high quality conventional corrugated packaging for FMCG markets, particularly blue chip clients in Beverage, Food and Confectionary. They are currently looking to recruit a Machine Technician (conversion) to join their team.
This role entails, converting sheet cardboard into trays and cases. You will be highly competent in operating all aspects of the machine and associated ancillary equipment safely.
Working together as a team and willing to take part in problem solving and other continuous improvement exercises and activities. Able to follow work instructions and single point lessons to ensure that the machines run efficiently and correctly to customer requirements. Be a good communicator, motivator and people person with drive and enthusiasm.
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others around you
- Raise hazard cards for unsafe conditions
- Complete at least 1 behavioural safety occupation card per month
- Ensure high standards of product quality are maintained at all times
- Carry out QC checks on finished product and complete QA paperwork
- Keep your area clean & tidy as per the 5S system
- Set up the machine between different jobs (customer orders) and ensure set time targets are met
- Carry out basic maintenance tasks on the machine (wear parts replacement, belt and chain tightening etc.)
- Drive the machine to meet production targets (OEE, Feeds, waste etc.)
- Use the Tier system to raise issues affecting Quality or performance
- Ensure effective handovers between shifts are achieved
- Carry out scheduled Level 1 maintenance (cleaning) of the machine and 'When Down Do' activities
- Use CBS to run QC paperwork and enter codes after any machine downtime
- Forward plan and notify Team Leader of issues that will affect OEE
- Complete all SPS paperwork and graphs. Use the system to communicate issues and maintain standards and performance
- Notify the team leader if customer orders are short
- Carry out basic machine Level 2 calibrations
- Participate in problem solving sessions
- Carry out basic machine lubrication and checks
- Complete risk assessments and safe systems of work (SSOW)
- Min. 5 GCSE's (minimum Grade C) or equivalent including Maths, English, Science.
- NVQ/BIT Level 1 or equivalent
- Previous employment in a fast paced manufacturing environment with some engineering responsibility.
- Previous experience of running a Bobst Machine.
Specific Training (Advantageous):
- Problem Solving
- First Aid
- Fire Marshall
- Lean Manufacturing
- Cool headed
- Hard working
- Self-motivated (can work alone)
- Target driven
- Proud (of their work)
- Assertive (will challenge others)
- Decisive (will make decisions quickly)
- Team worker