Key Account Manager
NEW VACANCY! (PK5970)
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER
£Generous Basic Salary + Bonus + Pension + Company Car
Our client is a leading provider of customised packaging solutions. They work closely with customers on everything from crafting unique items for special events to creating innovative designs that promote brands.
There is a current requirement in Scotland for a Key Account Manager to be responsible for managing high volume demanding accounts, maintaining a long term relationship with accounts and maximising sales opportunities within them.
Requirements of the role:
Previous experience in Account Management or Territory Sales and display an attitude that is key to success.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Primary ownership of selective portfolio of customer accounts, meeting demands of existing customers to ensure effective customer service and achievement of sales and profit targets
- Playing an integral role in new business pitches and hold responsibility for the effective on-boarding of new clients & projects.
- Better understand actual customer needs and apply key account management principles for the benefit of both parties.
- You will act as the key interface between the customer and all relevant divisions.
- Participation in annual contract negotiations with key customers
- Forecasting sales demand and identifying and following through with new product development sales opportunities with existing and prospective customers
- Work proactively with New Product Development Managers to deliver innovative products which meet customer needs
- Strong account management and relationship building skills with practical experience managing food and drinks packers, fillers, bottlers and liaising at a variety of levels with FMCG Brands.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Commercially astute with a sound general understanding of business procedures and practices.
- IT Skills - User knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office applications.
- Demand planning platform knowledge (Sales and operating plan and/or integrated business planning) will be a key advantage.