Mechanical Design Engineer
To keep pace with our incredible growth we have an opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to support the mechanical design of some of the most innovative packaging and automation technology projects around. You’ll be based from our Beccles HQ (easily commutable from Norwich).
SALARY: £40,000 - £50,000
· Overtime (T+1/2 after 40 hours)
· 26 Days Holidays plus Bank Holidays
LOCATION: Beccles - Easily Commutable from Norwich,
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft, Thetford, Bury St Edmunds, Diss, Colchester Cambridge, Ipswich, King’s Lynn.
Why should you apply?
· Because of huge growth within our market sector, combined with significant investment, our order book has, and is, exploding with new requirements for our industry leading packaging solutions and warehouse automation systems.
· We are experiencing fantastic growth and are investing heavily in the future of our staff and company. As such there are excellent prospects for continued career progression.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Mechanical Design Engineer : Packaging & Automation Technology
Reporting into the Lead Design Engineer and working on between 5 and 7 projects at any one time, you will be responsible for the ongoing mechanical design of our expanding range of special purpose machinery.
You will use your experience to:
· Work in partnership with our clients and your internal team to develop URS (User Requirement Specifications) and Assist in the creation of the FDS (Functional Design Specifications), ensuring you meet our high company standards.
· Produce and present high-quality 3D designs and assembly drawings through the use of Solidworks (Use of Inventor would also be useful).
· Pro-actively seek to introduce new products and new technology to support future machine development.
· Carefully manage BOM’s to ensure projects remain within budget and specification.
· Manage complete machine risk assessments.
Above all, we are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic Mechanical Design Engineer with an innovative and creative drive, who is a team player and excited at the prospect of being involved at the cutting edge of technology design.
REQUIREMENTS: Mechanical Design Engineer : Packaging & Automation Technology
To be considered candidates MUST:
· Be educated to degree level (Degree, HND or HNC) in mechanical engineering / mechatronic engineering or related discipline.
· Be able to demonstrate experience / knowledge of SolidWorks and new industrial machinery design.
· Have a track record of mechanical design. This could be from a packaging or process machinery (PPMA) / food / warehouse automation / conveyors or robotics area, but this is not a comprehensive list – we would consider anyone with a strong industrial mechanical design pedigree.
We are a well respected, successful and growing multi-million pound packaging solutions company that delivers comprehensive design, manufacture, installation and support of packaging solutions. These include: packaging machinery, SRP machinery and packaging robotics.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Mechanical Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Packaging Machinery, PPMA, Automation Equipment, Materials, Process Equipment, Food, Pharmaceutical, Medical, Research and Development, R&D, Principle Design Engineer, Applications Engineer, Project Engineer
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Lee Henning quoting Mechanical Design Engineer : Packaging & Automation Technology and reference LH15447 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683314 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.