Estimator - Packaging
£20K - £24K + 25 Days Holiday
09.00 to 17.00 Mon - Fri.
Our client is a market leading manufacturer of high quality print and packaging products, they are currently looking to recruit an Estimator to join their team.
This key role will involve creation of cost estimates from Sales, Customer and Design briefs, and delivering accurate cost estimates to tight deadlines. Training will be given in the company's products, processes and IT systems.
Duties will include:
- Working closely with the Commercial Manager / Estimating Manager to prioritise the day to day work load of the Estimating Department
- Managing and controlling incoming enquiries & delivering quotes to the correct person within the deadlines set
- Liaising with sales to deal with any queries that have arisen from the quotations, and advising on any improvements that can be made, whilst also assessing the practicality of the quotes
- Technically assessing customer samples and consulting with internal depts to offer alternatives or equivalents to be offered and quoted accurately
- Liaising with external suppliers to obtain accurate and competitive prices
- Anticipating problems with production or finished products and proactively proposing ways to solve them
- Need a highly numerate individual with excellent attention to detail and ability to work effectively under pressure
Key Requirements for the role:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly numerate
- Commercially astute
- Good general I.T. skills.(Experience of Shuttleworth would be advantageous)
- Good communication skills
- Able to manage time effectively and work largely unsupervised
- Able to manage a large volume of work coming from several different sources - keeping calm under pressure
- Ability to use own initiative
- Some understanding of corrugated manufacturing processes would be advantageous