Account Manager - Packaging
A fantastic opportunity for an Account Manager has arisen, to join the UK's leading supplier of corrugated packaging solutions. This role comes with superb prospects within a very large, yet successful group.
SALARY: £30,000 - £35,000 DOE
· OTE £36,000 - £42,000
· Company Car
· Contributory Pension
· 25 Days Holiday plus Stats
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Newport, Ebbw Vale, Pontypool, LLanelli, Monnouth, Chepstow
JOB SPECIFICATION: Account Manager - Packaging
· Create and maintain a sales pipeline of high value prospect opportunities that can support growth plans focussing the production capabilities of the individual plant
· Be responsible for negotiation of price movements of all packaging solutions and services.
· Be skilled at identifying, quantifying and proposing a plan to gain additional business from existing customers and demonstrate the ability to network through clients.
· Drive high profit margin and ROI: achieve margin improvement with mix of products
· Ensure a professional line is presented at all times managing customer expectations as appropriate in line with the business priorities.
· Manage the total cost of servicing the account, including the 'hidden costs'.
· Ensure that the customer's SLA is delivered
REQUIREMENTS: Account Manager - Packaging
· A proven track record of success in a face to face sales role.
· Knowledge of the packaging industry would be of particular interest, however not essential as the quality of the person is the most important thing.
· Commercially astute and consultative approach to selling .
· Excellent relationship building and communication skills.
· Strong influencing skills with experience of working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
· Proven track record in developing new and existing accounts. Real 'can-do' attitude.
· Self-motivated, Ambitious, entrepreneurial, with excellent team player skills.
· Ability to build and manage a team in the future.
My client is the UK's leading provider of corrugated packaging. They operate across 37 countries; employ more than 32,000 people and have revenue in excess of £5.75 billion. In the UK, they have over 40 manufacturing sites around the country and an annualised turnover in excess of £900million.
Their target clients cross the whole spectrum of FMCG, Food, Automotive, Pharmaceutical and General Industrial. With a product portfolio that includes transit packaging, consumer packaging, displays and promotional packaging, customised protective packaging and industrial packaging, they answer to each market requirement.
They are at the forefront of Corrugated Packaging Innovation and their products offer clients the full spectrum including environmentally friendly, stronger, lighter and cost efficient solutions.
Due to current company growth, projected growth plans, and the number of opportunities that have arisen in new markets, they are now seeking a proven, dynamic Account Manager, who will ensure the efficient management of existing and new customers.
The opportunity to join a leading manufacturer, experiencing a period of expansion and growth and seeking to bolster its talent pool.
A first-class remuneration package including a highly competitive salary, bonus, pension, and other benefits associated with an industry leader.
They have a proven track record of promoting from within and there is a possibility of promotion subject to performance
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles in the past or currently and in any of the following markets: Regional Sales Executive, Regional Sales Manager, Account Manager, National Account Manager, Sales Executive, Territory Sales Manager, Area Sales Manager. Business Development Manager. Sales Manager. Business Manager. Corrugated Packaging, Packaging, Printed Folded Cartons, Flexible Packaging, Packaging Merchants, Retail Ready Packaging
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Ian Peterson quoting Account Manager - Packaging and reference IP15461 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683319 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching