This is a unique career development opportunity working from our Coventry offices and would suit a Project Engineer, Pre-sales Engineer, Design Engineer looking to progress into an Applications Engineer role. As an Applications Engineer you will develop concept engineering proposals for innovative special purpose / packaging machinery applications.
SALARY: up to £45,000 Base
· Annual Bonus
· Holidays 28 Days + statutory holidays
LOCATION: Office based in Coventry
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Birmingham, Leicester, Northampton, Rugby, Royal Leamington Spa, Wolverhampton, Redditch.
Why should I apply?
· You will enjoy a varied role with engineering problem solving skills with pre-sales support.
· You will benefit from training, with career route opportunities into Sales, Project Management or Business Management.
· You will see your ideas progress into real life applications which are used by the UK's leading pharmaceutical, medical device and food beverage manufacturing companies.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Applications Engineer / Project Engineer / Pre-sales Engineer / Design Engineer: Packaging & Process Machinery - Pharmaceutical, Medical and Food / Beverage Industries.
We work with many of the leading medical device, pharmaceutical and food / beverage manufacturing companies, working on a variety of projects to develop bespoke, innovative packaging machinery applications for new to market products and to automate manufacturing line processes.
The role of Applications Engineer will work closely with the sales and in-house technical / engineering teams to provide an engineering expertise in support of the Sales team from initial customer enquiry through to the award of contract.
This will include:
· Development of technical specification / briefing documents.
· Assist with the development of concept designs / technical solutions and approval via internal technical review meetings.
· Preparation of final project technical and commercial proposals.
· Attend customer meetings in support of the Sales team to present project proposals.
· Support proposals through to award of contract.
If desired, you will have the opportunity to spend a higher proportion of your time with the sales team and progress into a business development role.
REQUIREMENTS: Applications Engineer / Project Engineer / Pre-sales Engineer / Design Engineer: Packaging & Process Machinery - Pharmaceutical, Medical & Food Industries.
You WILL be either:
· A Sales Engineer / Pre-Sales Engineer / Applications Engineer, with direct experience of preparing technical proposals and supporting the sales team through to award of contract,
· A Design Engineer, Project Engineer looking to progress into a more commercially focused role.
Either way you WILL:
· Hold experience of working within process automation or machine design for high volume manufacturing applications.
· Be qualified to at least HNC level in mechanical engineering.
Experience of packaging and/or process machinery used within the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and/or food / beverage industries, would be highly desirable although not essential.
We are a market leading manufacturer of bespoke automation packaging & process machinery solutions supplying the leading pharmaceutical, medical device and food / beverage industries with a target to double in size in the next 3 years. We are set for rapid growth and now is a great time to join us.
Are excellent as we grow and whenever possible we will promote from within the business and support employees with training and career development opportunities.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Mechanical Design Engineer, Applications Engineer, Project Engineer, Development Engineer, Proposals Engineer, Pre-Sales Engineer, Special purpose machinery, Capital equipment, packaging, food, beverage, medical devices, pharmaceutical manufacturing, machine design, process automation, manufacturing line automation, manufacturing engineer, production engineer.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Jason Cooper quoting Applications Engineer / Project Engineer: Packaging & Process Machinery - Pharma, Medical & Food Industries and reference JC15467 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683312 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not re
Apply for Applications Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly