Operations Manager - Paper Packaging.
This exciting opportunity has come about due to the expansion of our Client’s Product & Service offering.
They are looking to appoint an experienced Operations Manager to lead their Paper Packaging Manufacturing Division to produce the highest quality products in a safe, environmentally committed and cost efficient manner.
The successful Candidate will lead the department’s organizational business development and enhance the overall performance of the department and the site by being an effective member of the department and Group management teams for the continued success of their facility.
The role will involve:
Leading the division’s safety efforts by creating a safe work environment in which employees can perform their job tasks at minimum risk.
Utilizing efforts and systems such as the safety work order system and accountability process to create improved performance.
Maintain the efforts in the Environmental arena to meet all compliance requirements and strive for consistent and improved performance on all operating parameters.
Manage the operational efforts the production dept to support operational goals to provide quality products with minimum variability in specifications and supply.
Manage cost of manufacturing by improving equipment reliability through resource group commitment, structuring capital spending to manage preservation and return projects.
Managing overtime costs, developing committed supply partners and cost structures, and improving the process in the mill for optimum performance.
Continuously build, strengthen and improve leadership, education, empowerment and dedication of the employees and of the organization to meet the needs of the department, and the Group with regards to the organization's objectives through people and training systems.
Desired Skills and Experience;
- 7-10 years Operational management in the Packaging Industry.
- Knowledge of Packaging Production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product.
- Additionally, familiarity and belief in Manufacturing Excellence principals is a way to manage the business.
- Budgeting responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree required: e.g. Mechanical Engineering / Chemical Engineering etc.
- Other technical degrees will be considered when combined with job experience relevant to the job requirements.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to assess risk and determine the path forward to minimize business impact.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others by developing working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Strong business management principles and excellent leadership skills, including supervisory responsibilities.
- This role will have accountability for departmental performance management requirements.
- Ability to manage / balance competing multiple priorities and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to convey a compelling vision and sense of core purpose.
- Strong team player with the ability to develop and participate in all team environments in order to achieve goals, set strategy and achieve efficient problem resolution.
- Knowledge business operating systems is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Willingness and ability to document all aspects of daily operations.
CVs in MS Word format please, (.doc / .docx)