Sales Manager / General Manager Designate
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Senior / Sales Manager with a 'Trader' Mindset to progress their career with an Industrial Packaging Manufacturer who has developed a succession plan for the role to develop into a General Manager position.
Our established Client is a profitable North West operation engaged in purchasing and sales / distribution of Industrial Packaging in addition to small batch production and printing of large items of Industrial Packaging.
Their main markets in the UK include the Agricultural, Food processing, Mineral/Aggregates, Re-cycling and Waste Management sectors.
- The successful Candidate will focus entirely on familiarising themselves in taking over the management of the Sales operation and, longer term, this will still remain a major aspect of the overall role.
- For part of the week you will accompany sales visits to customers in order to familiarise yourself with the day to day servicing of their accounts, assessing current working practices and gaining an overall grasp of the existing customer base, pricing structures and marketplace
- With support from our Client's Management team you will gain a good working knowledge of how orders are received, processed and despatched and you will work with your colleagues to build up a good product knowledge and appreciation of current supply lines
In the second phase:
Once you are established in the heading the sales function, you will begin to spend more time familiarising yourself with more general business management.
In this stage your involvement will include:
- Drawing up and implementing plans on how to grow the business and the additional resources that will be needed in the short term, (annual budgets), and medium term.
- Gaining knowledge of financial reporting in controlling and assessing operations and how cash flows through the business.
- With the passage of time you will become familiar with the Company's procedures with regard to managing debt collection, customer credit limits, warehouse / logistics functions, computer systems etc.
- Regular reporting to stakeholders Monitoring & Control of Stock.
- Initiating &/or authorising Purchases.
- Managing Day to Day Import Logistics.
- Overhead cost authorisation, measurement & control / Recruitment / day to day management of all staff./ staff incentive targets.
- Health & Safety, site maintenance & security,
- Supplier visits
The Client will consider candidates already at General Manager level who are Sales Lead and who have experience in a Hands on role within a SME Manufacturing Environment.
Should you wish to find out more about this fantastic opportunity for developing your career please send your CV in MS Word format, (.doc / .doc) along with supporting information.