General Manager - Sales Lead
We have a fantastic opportunity to join a supplier in flexible packaging materials and related services to all the major players within the industrial sector.
This highly profitable organisation believes employees make the difference – that great ideas, collaboration and quality turn possibilities into success. Joining this company will give you the opportunity to provide cutting-edge solutions for your customers.
We are looking for someone who provides positive leadership that motivates and inspires a team. You must be capable of developing their talent and skill-set while achieving company results.
The General Manager will direct, manage and coordinate all activities associated with manufacturing, sales, continuous improvement and supply chain. Directly accountable to lead the sales and operations of the organisation to a level of performance identifiable with world class, you must have a strong background in sales as well as robust technical flexible packaging know-how.
The ultimate goal will be to take the business to the next level – increasing efficiencies internally and building relationships externally.
Critical Success Factors
- Strong management/leadership skills and ability to champion change
- Effective communication skills; listening, team building, selling, writing and presenting
- Strong customer focus; effectively interacting with current and prospective customers to close sales or provide customer care
- High personal standards with a proven track record of integrity, business ethics, and professionalism
- Initiative to achieve results
The skills you need to be considered for this role
- Senior management experience in a multifaceted role
- Background in successfully developing business
- Flexible packaging, or closely related industry experience
- Ideally, you will have significant operational and continuous improvement experience
- Proven track record of working hands-on, directly with employees and customers to ensure implementation of strategic company initiatives
- Exceptional leadership, coaching and mentoring skills, ability to manage and develop a management team to assure cohesiveness and a team orientation
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com