Packaging Development Manager - Singapore
Packaging Development Manager for a global, market leader in food & beverages
Working within the Global Packaging Development Team, you could be involved in developing new low cost packaging formats for the Vietnamese market, in designing the next generation drink packaging for Thailand, validating new sustainable materials for Philippines or designing a new pouch range for our brands in Indonesia.
We develop & manufacture a wide range of products /brands which requires a flexible and knowledgeable approach to deliver value to our owners by fulfilling the consumer’s needs.
We are looking for passionate packaging people who are able to work together with all disciplines to translate consumer needs into packaging solutions which can be produced for low cost and minimal environmental impact!
The Global Packaging Development team is an international community with 40+ colleagues from about 12 nationalities with main R&D centre in Europe & Singapore. We see a mix of personalities and cultures as the perfect breeding ground for innovations.
Our team members must have experience in working with multiple cultures, a more than average interest in consumer behavior or technology and work together to achieve our ambitious targets. Visiting factories, suppliers and travelling to our markets is part of the deal. Just like maneuvering through our company, from sales to engineering, from machine Operator to the board!
In your role as experienced Packaging Development manager you will focus on
- Leading new packaging innovations
- Managing a value engineering portfolio
- Focus on a specific field of packaging expertise (transport packaging or rigid packaging or sustainable packaging) by joining our global technology platform. This will enable you to support the region in your field of expertise.
- As Packaging Development manager you will be either project member or project leader and will drive and implement packaging innovations. Here you collaborate closely with Marketing, Operations and procurement.
- At least 10 years of relevant packaging development experience;
- Advanced project management skills, familiar with the stage gate model;
- Excellent communication skills on all levels in English;
- Regional packaging development experience or experience with new packaging technology investments and related technical deepdive
- The following key competences: Accountable, Organizational sensitive, Proactive, Passionate, Steadfast;
- Flexibility to travel frequently (20-40%) in Asia