Technical Design Manager - Packaging
COMMUTABLE FROM NORTHANTS / BEDFORDSHIRE / BUCKINGHAMSHIRE
Salary £36-45K (Dependent on Experience) + Car + Bonus Scheme + Benefits + 25 Days Holiday (rising up to 27 days with service plus all bank holidays) + additional holiday purchasing scheme + contributory pension + employee discount scheme
Our Client is a market leading Packaging solutions supplier in the UK. Their extensive network allows customers to cost effectively package their products through the provision of a comprehensive product range, single source supply, and just-in-time delivery and tailored stock management programmes.
They serve many market sectors including FMCG, electronics, retail, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, automotive industries
As part of the Technical Design Team, the role will play a critical part in the continued success. The chosen candidates will provide innovative and tailored design solutions for both their existing and potential customers.
The candidates will work hand-in-hand with their customers to ensure not only direct cost savings are achieved, but also to ensure indirect cost savings are met, through constantly striving to make improvements in productivity and efficiencies for their customers.
This role provides a wonderful opportunity for someone seeking career advancement as they offer strong development and progression opportunities, both within the packaging business and the broader group business.
You will be enthusiastic and motivated - enjoying the buzz and challenge of a fast-paced environment. The successful candidates will possess excellent communication skills and be IT literate with strong time management and prioritisation skills. You will have a real team spirit and be able to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience using Kasemake or Artios CAD, SketchUp Pro, Adobe CC, MS Office
- You will be capable of listening to the customer's needs and be able to communicate in a professional and coherent manner; both in conversation and presentational form
- Working closely with their customers you will ensure goals are met, whilst considering branding, safety and cost implications
- Supporting the National Sales Teams and using the latest design tools you will be creating innovative cost saving solutions to meet customer briefs in a caring approach to their business requirements and challenges
- Understanding consumer trends and supply chain challenges to conceptualise bespoke solutions
- Prioritise your workload accordingly and manage projects to meet customer deadlines
- Produce finished customer samples, 3D visuals, artwork proofs and presentations
- Team player
- Results driven
- Strong communication skills
- Customer Facing
- Good time management skills
- Can-do attitude
- Non-essential experience using Solidworks, digital printing, Microsoft Hololens