Packaging Material Technologist
4 days left
- Full Time
Our eco-friendly client produces products made from sustainable natural resources. They strongly believe that conservation of resources is the path of sustainable development, and this is their primary responsibility.
They are on the search for someone with a practical knowledge of a range of packaging materials, processes and manufacturing methods; and someone with a creative, logical and analytical mind to generate innovative design solutions to technical design problems.
As a Packaging Material Technologist, your main responsibility will involve working with packaging manufacturers, suppliers and retailers to develop new packaging ideas and solutions using our client’s sustainable materials.
You will be working closely with the CEO, Research and Technical Advisors on creating effective solutions for projects considering materials, functionality and sensorial all through the lens of mass production techniques to deliver unique, value-driven and sustainable packaging experiences.
The successful candidate will supervise and guide internal teams and external partners to create suitable solutions as per clients’ requirements.
- Planning and executing all aspects of packaging development for new products for both new and existing major customers
- Liaising with customers early in the process, understanding and defining NPD requirements and translating them into confirmed packaging criteria
- Developing new or existing packaging that meets supply chain, formulation, consumer, brand, regional and confidentiality requirements
- Sourcing, selecting, developing and specifying components that meet customer briefs, cost targets, supplier capabilities, factory facilities and all critical deadlines
- Communicating with all stakeholders across the process, identifying/highlighting any risks and offering carefully considered mitigating actions and back up plans
- Consistent proactive application of a wide range of knowledge covering packaging materials, component manufacture and print
- Liaising with clients to ensure that the clients’ requirements are met and delivered on time with the highest level of service
- Proactively assessing current packaging production process to identify areas for improvement
- Planning, organising and executing packaging trials
- Responsible for timely and effective development and implementation of new packaging materials and product
- Identifying and understanding key internal customer support requirements through regular reviews with operations, quality, and engineering functions
- Preparing reports on issues of product fragility, protection needed, reaction to light, moisture and other materials, transportation and temperature changes.
- Preparing reports on legal requirements of labelling and safe packaging for hazardous materials. Further environmental impact and disposal methods of packaging.
Key Skills Required:
- Degree level qualification in relevant/similar (preferably technical) field
- Proven experience in Product Development or similar role
- Experience with basic HACCP principles
- Experience working with Bagasse based materials within the packaging Industry
- Experience with working with clients on various projects
- Strong networking skills, particularly with other technical colleagues
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate complex engineering and design principles to people at all levels of the business, across different functions.
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com
Apply for Packaging Material Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly