Based in Portsmouth, Hampshire
Job ref: SG/45455
Salary: Competitive salary package
Our client is a manufacturer of injection moulded and blow moulded products for the Pharma Packaging and Medical Devices industry.
They are now looking to recruit a Site Buyer for their site in Portsmouth.
To source direct and indirect materials for the Portsmouth site through effective negotiation and planning to meet production demands whilst optimising stock levels.
In this role you will report to the Purchasing Director.
- Interact closely with production planning to place orders to arrive on time in full.
- Stock management – control order quantity, price and continuously control stock value in line with company KPI’s
- In line with the company KPI’s, monitor performance of suppliers regarding fulfilment of on time deliveries (OTD), zero defect deliveries (ZDD) and price level.
- Support / add purchasing data into new IFS system (today JDE One World systems), such as prices, lead-times, and to continuously develop system usage for the daily operation in Portsmouth.
- Responsible for commercial non-conformities claim discussion with the supplier base whenever an issue is caused by supplier regarding quality or on time deliveries. (1st evaluation of root cause is done by Quality together with necessary internal interfaces in Portsmouth.)
- To have a proactive approach - highlight areas of concern and identify opportunities by improving demand forecasting, ordering process, order quantity levels, stock level management, consignment stock management and cost reduction opportunities.
- To support the Purchasing Director / Sales team by collecting information for Tenders when requested. Have capability to develop product specifications and describing functional, process and quality expectations to secure right quality of supply.
- Have capability to develop and manage framework agreements.
- Minimum 2 years Purchasing experience with a similar manufacturing company
- Technically competent with the ability to negotiate with global suppliers
- Well versed with continuous improvement techniques to secure best quality / price offering
- Fluent in English
- Experience within the pharma / medical device sector is highly desirable
- Studying towards or part qualified CIPS is highly desirable
- A natural team player who is comfortable working with and understanding the needs of different stakeholders
- Articulate and able to clearly communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Thoughtful, intelligent and innovative approach to work on continuous improvement projects with suppliers to meet the company’s objectives
- Numerate and financially sound
To apply please contact Stefanie Geraerts
0044 (0) 1789 207070
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Cape Town, Dubai, Düsseldorf, Istanbul, Lyon, Göteborg, Milan, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and Washington.
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Exhibiting at: Kunststoffen, Fakuma, ScanPack, Chemplast Expo, Packaging Innovations, ArabPlast
Apply for Site Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly