Tech/Quality Manager - Flexo, Digital, Offset & Screen Print
NEW VACANCY! (PK5998)
QUALITY & PLANNING MANAGER -Flexo, Digital, Offset & Screen Print / Packaging
SCOTLAND - Please contact me for further location details
Salary dependent on experience + 35 days holiday + workplace pension.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 - 17:00
Our client is a leading international manufacturer of high quality printed complex labels. Specialising in high-end, unique and complex self-adhesive labelling solutions for promotional or functional use in a variety of paper and synthetic materials. All produced in house in a variety of print formats from Flexo, Digital, Offset and Silkscreen with additional decoration facilities such as holographic foils.
There is a current requirement for someone with a print background to take on responsibilities for technical and quality management. ISO:9001 experience is necessary, BRC accreditation would be an advantage but my client can offer training. There are additional responsibilities for Production Planning too.
To provide complete support to the business for all technical aspects of the product. To ensure that customers' needs are met and they experience consistent, concise and accurate service levels from the company. To ensure that all R&D is coordinated, managed and documented through the business. To lead technical innovation and to enhance the business development offering to deliver technical training across the business with a philosophy of continuous improvement.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- To give complete support and technical sign off for new projects coming from the Sales and Account Management teams.
- To be the lead person to manage press passes, co-ordinating and liaising between production and the account management team.
- Responsible for technical training across the business.
- Placing orders and buying printing plates, cutters, materials, etc.
- Support production & studio with continuous improvement plans and execution.
- To plan and maintain the ISO9001 & BRC quality systems.
- Produce and present to the business new innovation on a regular basis.
Skills & Experience required:
- You must be an excellent man manager and team player.
- Ideally you will have print experience or design/artwork/repro experience.
- You will be technically competent in a range of printing and embellishment techniques & have good knowledge of filmic & paper substrates.
- You must be a problem solver
- Must possess excellent attention to detail
- Able to work under press