Technical Sales Rep - Labelling, Coding & Auto ID
TECHNICAL SALES REP - LABELLING, CODING & AUTO ID
NORTHERN ENGLAND / SCOTLAND
£28-35K Salary (DOE) + Incentivised OTE + Expensed Company Car + Assistance in setting up a home office + Other Benefits
Our Client is a market leader in labelling and coding products for the industrial marketplace. They provide the latest in systems, software, and media and back them with a nation-wide network of direct sales, service, and technical support. Systems are used to address countless applications such as product identification, bar code compliance labelling, inventory control, work-in progress tracking, shipment addressing, and bin and shelf labelling.
To complement their Sales Team, they are looking to recruit a highly motivated, experienced Technical Sales person to be responsible for the sales and business development activities within the assigned territory in the North of England and Scotland. The role is primarily Business Development, targeting sales to a focused vertical base of new prospects.
Successful candidates should have at least 3 years' experience in Sales / Account management, in a Labelling, Coding, or Auto Identification environment and have a proven track record of growing business relationships with customers and/or channels to achieve sales targets.
- Identify new business opportunities through vertical marketing
- Provide solutions to customer's labelling requirements
- Develop new opportunities and sales in both new and existing accounts
- Locate, develop and manage new channel and reseller partners
- Prepare quotations and detailed proposals in response to customer requirements
- Devise sales and marketing strategies and plans to achieve ambitious and targeted growth
- Work closely with the rest of the executive team to develop the company's strategy and business plans
- Identify and develop new lines of business and revenue opportunities
- Meet and exceed customer expectations and deliver the best possible customer service
- Promote the Company brand in the target markets
- Previous sales or channel management experience within the Labelling / Coding Industry with a proven track record of success.
- Understand the importance of meeting and exceeding sales targets in line with business expectations. They will have the ability to create, implement and execute on commercial engagements and produce accurate forecasting reports
- Must be a quick learner, resourceful, enthusiastic and an energetic self-starter with initiative
Success in this role will require a professional and highly organised approach combined with excellent communication skills, business acumen and relationship building.
- Needs to be highly organised and outgoing with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Have good commercial awareness within the packaging industry and customer understanding, an aptitude for working as part of a team and be prepared for frequent travel