Full Stack Java Developer - Labelling & Artwork Solutions
FULL STACK JAVA DEVELOPER - LABELLING & ARTWORK SOLUTIONS
£40,000 - £50,000 depending on experience + 25 days holiday (plus 8 public holidays) + Free on-site parking + Early finish on Fridays (rotational basis) + Company Pension Scheme
Our Client is an international provider of labelling and artwork management solutions for regulated markets such as the pharmaceutical, medical devices, cosmetics and chemicals industries. Their solutions offer global organisations a platform to manage and transform their global messaging, in print and online, in a controlled, transparent and compliant way.
The Full Stack Java Developer will work collaboratively with product owners, and other developers, to analyse business requirements with the aim to design and develop software that is well structured and reusable. The expectation is that any software developed is of high quality where the best technical approach is utilised to achieve the overall delivery of projects on time.
Over the coming 2 years our client is undergoing a technology transformation that will take the products to the next level in terms of scalability, stability, resilience and performance. This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced Java Developer to play a pivotal role in this exciting period for the development team.
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Similar
- Be able to work to the Agile methodology
- Have at least five years' experience in software design
- Have strong understanding and skills in Java 7 to 11
- Have a strong understanding of Sprint Boot, Angular 2 and Hibernate
- Have an appreciation of J2EE, Oracle, SQL, SVN, Eclipse,
- Write clean and healthily structured, well documented code
- Deliver code which is well-tested and consistently error free
- Maintain consistent standards and approaches throughout the team following the lead of senior developers and the Head of Development
- Be aware of the technical strategy and implementation of our own internal development stream activities and make sure they apply the same standards that we would expect for client work
- Work with and contribute to building future-proof reusable core code libraries, which can be shared in order to drive further efficiency throughout the team
- Design and build database schemata with integrity and scalability, with data access layers that are optimised for performance and security
- Make sure they understand how to use the software tools that the team has chosen effectively and consistently
- Escalate critical support instances to senior developers and the client delivery team
- Participate in a culture of promoting new ideas or up-sell opportunities within the team
- Be aware of the latest software development technologies and methodologies including TDD (Test Driven
- Development) and Extreme Programming