Client Facing Structural Designer | Corrugated Packaging | Tyne & Wear
Utilise your skills working on an impressive range of structural design work and contribute to the development and growth of a leading business. A fantastic opportunity for a creative, sales-focused packaging designer to join a highly skilled design team and enhance the company’s offering, engineering bespoke corrugated designs for leading brands.
Client Facing Structural Designer | Corrugated Packaging | Tyne & Wear | Excellent Salary & Benefits Package
Independent packaging manufacturer offering a complete range of corrugated packaging solutions for both innovative SME sized organisations and major international blue chips in the automotive, industrial, engineering and manufacturing sectors.
An organisation that caters for businesses nationally, this role is a key component in the company's development plans. Recent investment in brand new in house design capabilities and exceptional support facilities, the company provides an extremely interesting and exciting platform for somebody to expand their design career.
On a day-to-day basis as Structural Designer you will be responsible for:
- Servicing existing accounts face to face
- Taking briefs and presenting new design solutions alongside the sales team
- Producing cost effective packaging solutions using creativity and innovation
- Researching and developing packaging solutions, identifying areas of improvement and potential cost savings
- Producing structural corrugated packaging designs from concept using Artios CAD
Key attributes required:
- The ability to create and adopt concepts, generating packaging solutions from specified customer briefs
- Experience in the operation of AG-CAD software for bespoke corrugated packaging solutions
- Experience operating a CAD table and ink jet printer would all be beneficial
- Ability to generate PDF diagrams, cutting tool guides and use Adobe Illustrator for artwork generation
- Knowledge of corrugated, grades, Fefco styles and corrugated manufacturing process for the generation of estimates would also be beneficial
If you enjoy driving brand performance in a fast-paced design environment and you’re looking for career advancement, then this could be the role for you. Contact us now to hear more regarding the opportunity.