Sales / BDM - Crates, Pallets and Returnable Boxes
NEW VACANCY! (PK6062)
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
£45-50K + Commission + Company Car + Other Benefits
Our client is a materials handling supplier, offering a full range of plastic containers, pallets and pallet boxes to customers throughout the UK.
Our Client are recruiting for a Business Development Manager who will be working closely with the Internal Sales Team, and the Directors. The successful applicant will be responsible for visiting current clients and identifying and developing new potential clients from Manchester to Newcastle, and south to the Midlands, with occasional meetings to attend in Scotland.
It is envisaged that ultimately three days of the week would be spent travelling, developing relationships across a range of clients, and developing increased sales.
- Visiting current and prospective clients throughout the UK
- Discussing clients' product requirements, and advising which products would suit their application
- Preparing and sending quotes by email and post, using company programs
- Recording all enquiries, meetings etc. on ACT database, throughout the sales process
- Following up quotations and, converting the enquiry to an order
- Understanding as clearly as possible the reasons for a client's purchase, or non-purchase, and recording this on ACT
- Negotiating prices and contracts as required, within the set constraints
- Concentrating on the company's USPs on product range, stock availability and fast delivery - which are unique in the sector
- Promoting the company's responsible position in the marketplace
- Keeping in touch with current and previous clients, checking when another requirement may arise
- Developing further prospective clients through cross selling within sites, companies and industries - by asking for referrals and by drop in visits when attending meetings
- Developing further prospective clients through cold calling
- Reporting and analysing on trends including clients' responses, competitor strategies, and new products within the market - information which has been received from clients during sales interactions
- Liaising with Sales Representatives from the European Suppliers and on occasion, where technical support is required by clients, carrying out joint visits in the UK with the suppliers
- Attending and assisting with the company's attendance at occasional exhibitions
- Experience selling plastic containers/RTP or pallets.
- The successful applicant will need to have a minimum of 5 years face-to-face, B2B sales experience selling a physical product, with a highly professional presentation and a positive can-do attitude.
- Educated to degree level minimum, and having attended external sales training courses, applicants will need a clean driving licence.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office programs plus a good understanding of IT is required.
- Great commercial awareness and experience of contract negotiations at the highest levels.
Fluency in European languages, such as French, Dutch, German or Italian would be an advantage.