Packaging Development Manager
Packaging Development Manager
Competitive Salary plus Excellent Benefits!
Reporting to R&D Enterprise and Supply Chain Manager
What we’re looking for…
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Packaging Development Manager in our R&D team based at our Bolton site.
The Packaging Development Manager will recruit, train, motivate and manage the performance of the packaging technologists to provide an efficient and enthusiastic team able to create quality packaging for an ever changing market.
The role holder will provide project management capabilities to manage the more technically complex projects through Enterprise and Supply Chain processes to drive Innovation and CSR projects by assessing new packaging and technologies, competitor launches as well as fuelling the innovation pipeline with consumer centric ideas. In addition you will provide technical assistance/advice to other areas of the business on packaging related issues.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Development of brilliant packaging solutions that deliver against opportunities identified
- Support the business in leading the packaging strategy to ensure we deliver best in class packaging solutions and be at the forefront on consumer trends as well as industry and legislative changes
- Drive excellence in execution through the continuing development of testing and validation methods, process improvement and collaborative working internally and externally
- Project management of the more technically complex projects through Enterprise and Supply Chain processes
- Drive Innovation and CSR projects by assessing new packaging and technologies, assessing competitor launches, and fuelling the innovation pipeline with consumer centric ideas.
- Provide technical assistance/advice to other areas of the business on packaging related issues such as supporting Supply Chain in factory change programmes and working with Procurement and Commercial on opportunities for cost reduction
- Owning the packaging specifications for raw materials and finished products and
- We are supporting risk management by approving alternate sources of supply
for key materials.
- We are supporting risk management by approving final product and pack specifications at alternative production sources.
To be considered for this role you will be educated to degree level with comprehensive experience within packaging in an FMCG business, both in development and application to the manufacturing environment.
Ideally you will have experience of managing people as well as strong interpersonal skills as you will be required to coach, motivate and manage team performance.
Knowledge and operation of ISO, BRC, HACCP and other quality management systems is essential.
You will also possess strong commercial awareness and time management skills to deliver projects on time and on budget.
What we offer…
- Competitive salary
- 33 Days holiday (inc Bank Holidays)
- Flexible holiday scheme
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts and cashback for selected stores and restaurants
- Healthcare cash plan
- Flexible Benefits
- Share schemes for eligible employees
We Are Barr - Are You?
We are about being brilliant. We are always learning. We are results driven and we build relationships that deliver.
If you have the passion to succeed in this exciting role then apply now!
Closing date for applications is Sunday 30th June 2019
NO AGENCIES PLEASE