Packaging/FMCG/Plastic Injection Moulding
Based in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
Job ref: CST/44733
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience
PACCOR is a leading supplier of sustainable plastic packaging solutions for the consumer, food service, food and non-food markets. The group has 19 manufacturing locations and 3 sales offices across 14 countries. This role is based at its modern injection moulding packaging facility based in Mansfield and will lead the engineering team towards a ‘best in class’ culture.
- Lead, manage and develop the engineering/maintenance resource ensuring site equipment is maintained to a high standard of safety, availability and cost efficiency in line with the business KPI’s.
- Delivery of PPM across all equipment to meet operational needs, on time and efficiently, inspiring the maintenance team to challenge existing processes and practices.
- To justify and implement 'Continuous Improvement' changes enabling the site to achieve OEE and productivity targets.
- Provide leadership and direction for team, ensuring safe systems of work, training and competence, whilst encouraging a continuous improvement culture
- Continually seek to develop and improve the existing TPM/Engineering processes and methods in the production operation through data collection and problem solving techniques
- Develop the engineering team to meet the maintenance and capital needs of the business whilst minimising costs
- Provision of cost efficient site maintenance services, and define/control of the TPM programme aligned to the business KPI’s
- Responsible for the engineering budget and management of KPI’s including OEE
- Responsible for mechanical and electrical engineering team
- Management and technical support for all engineering contractors
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of health and safety, providing assistance and advice to the team including carrying out appropriate risk assessments
- Ensure appropriate records and documentation is kept
- Support the implementation of small to medium sized projects.
- Identify and meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Provide weekly and monthly KPI updates for the Plant Management / management team
Technical qualifications & experience:
- Experience of leading and motivating a maintenance team within a fast moving manufacturing environment
- Plastic injection moulding experience is an advantage
- Continuous Improvement mindset, particularly in the area of Preventative Maintenance Planning
- Will challenge the status quo driving improvement though KPIs
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering background
- Proven problem solving skills with evidence of root cause analysis
- Compression moulding knowledge would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of lean tools and methodologies
Personal skills and qualities:
- Can work calmly and effectively under rigorous time constraints in meeting customer requirements
- Good communication at both shop floor and management level and teamwork skills
- Driven with ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Focused with great attention to detail
- Flexible and approachable
- Will challenge the status quo; driving improvement though KPIs
Key words: Maintenance Manager, Engineering Manager, Lead Engineer, Maintenance Supervisor, Preventative Maintenance, Reliability Centred Maintenance, PPM, TPM
If you are interested in being considered for this role, you are encouraged to apply at the earliest opportunity by forwarding your curriculum vitae and letter of application via email to Conrad.Taylor@listgrove.com
The company has retained Listgrove to manage this project on their behalf and all third party applications will be forwarded for their attention. Fees will not be payable to recruitment consultancies that send speculative candidate applications.
To apply please contact Conrad Taylor
0044 (0) 1789 207070
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Cape Town, Dubai, Düsseldorf, Istanbul, Lyon, Göteborg, Milan, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and Washington.
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Exhibiting at: Kunststoffen, Fakuma, ScanPack, Chemplast Expo, Packaging Innovations, ArabPlast