E-Commerce Key Account Manager
Advancements in the world of e-commerce has resulted in a change in emphasis for packaging requirements in terms of protection, reverse logistics and speed through the packaging operation.
In line with our client’s continued profitable growth strategy, they are looking to appoint an e-commerce account manager who will be responsible for maximising relevant business opportunities across the UK in this new and exciting marketplace. This role will have a strong emphasis on managing existing key accounts, winning new e-commerce customers and selling innovative e-commerce products our client has to offer.
This is a key position within the company and one of vital importance in further strengthening the e-Com sales function to support business growth and profitability. As Account Manager, you will be responsible for growing the E-Commerce business segment by selling packaging and supply chain solutions for target customers in the E-commerce markets both new and existing. You will also undertake value selling from concept and design stages through to first orders; developing added value business.
This role requires an experienced corrugated packaging account manager with strong business acumen and a passion for E-Commerce. Ideally candidates will have 1-2 years’ experience in selling to E-Commerce customers to be successful with the following accountabilities:
- Manage and drive the profitable growth of e-Com accounts within the designated area of responsibility
- Accurate budget and forecasting in close collaboration with customers and Head of Sales
- Support Customer service on any credit control/ accounting/ invoicing issues
- Manage relationships with different UK sites, multi-material suppliers and logistic centres on all their customer related needs
- Continuously optimise the e-Com growth and customer profitability by consequently applying company selling tools, processes and techniques
- Exploit, sell and deliver E-Com packaging solutions to customers - take ownership of the sales pipeline - including customer contact and engagement plans to create and build up strong multi-level customer relationships and increased sales
- Actively promote new products/concepts
- Support the existing Corrugated/Display Account Management teams in selling E-Com packaging solutions to existing customers
- Negotiate new customer contracts in line with company guidelines and in close collaboration with the Head of Sales and Design Leads
- Continuously ensure that customer visits are efficiently planned and carried out with the right level quality and on time
- Draw up and execute Account Development Plans in close collaboration with the UK e-Com team
- Constructively and proactively contribute to the positive development of the e-Com sales team – inform, collaborate and utilise the capabilities of the full team
- Proactively drive and implement price increases in line with company guidelines and requirements
- Maintain e-Com customer pricelist (using Sales Support)
- Apply Design Briefs and work very closely with Internal Design and Business Development to develop optimal profitable solutions
- Explore and utilise insights from the customer Supply Chains to highlight opportunities, risks and demands.
- Present the developed Packaging Solutions to your customers and visualise the value created –ensure customers perceive our client as the leading Packaging Strategist in E-Com
- Actively to build better customer relations and generate customer insights
- Continuously and rigorously explore and identify optimisation opportunities
- Evaluate on how new packaging solutions perform and ensure that they meet the customer requirements and demands
- Strong drive for results
- Development and solution orientated with the desire to sell solutions rather to focus on price
- Motivated by stretched ambitions and targets
- Positive and optimistic – demonstrates a positive and team orientated approach to solving challenges
- Tenacity and discipline – ability to execute and deliver on agreed objectives
- Strong relationship builder – develops and nurture good relations to customers and co-workers
- Dares to lead – finds it easy to take the initiative
- Structured and disciplined – wants to rigorously apply and use the designated processes, tools and systems