EU Business Development Manager
EU Business Development Manager
Home Based in The Netherlands
Job ref: SG/46501
Salary: Excellent basic plus bonus/OTE
Listgrove are working with a major packaging distributor who are seeking to recruit an experienced Business Development Manager to help spearhead their continued growth within European markets.
The European Business Development Manager Role
Reporting to the European Development Director, this sales development role will see the successful candidate take full ownership for generating sustainable sales & margin growth via the effective targeting of major multi-national companies based in Europe.
The initial key objective will be to formulate and agree a business plan that facilitates both the pro-active targeting of new prospects and capitalises on opportunities to convert existing UK accounts into European customers. All of this will require close collaboration with senior management internally and externally. Aligning Industry best practice, key customer learnings and managing market demands to provide and execute solutions for new and existing customers, ensuring that sales and margin targets are exceeded.
European Business Development Manager Key Responsibilities
- Create and implement a business plan for your geographical region in conjunction with the company’s strategy, including strategic engagement with suppliers & new product development awareness.
- To proactively identify and target new major European customers in your specific geographical market by researching prospects and using market information, prepare approach to decision makers and make appointments.
- Compile and perform customer packaging audits, host customer specific day’s and devise/deliver presentations to showcase the clients European offering
- To make commercial decisions and prepare customer proposals based on supply chain, costs to serve whilst balancing the customers’ needs together with the company’s revenue and profit expectation.
- To support the development of the European Strategy and respective market verticals within both new and existing business and ensure targets are achieved.
- To work in a constructive manner and to promote co-operation, communication and teamwork to maximize sales and profit opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the European Packaging market
- Ensure a high level of Sales Administration and encourage implementation of excellent Customer Service standards.
- Maximise both sales and profit responsibly by being aware of the profit implications of how we service the customer logistically.
- Be aware of changing Packaging Legislations for your geographical region
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Fluent in English, German (both languages are essential, French would also be advantageous).
- Well-honed organization skills, adaptable, work well under pressure, and be a good communicator at all levels.
- A demonstrable track record of significant value-add within senior national accounts capacity is also important.
- A background and knowledge of the European packaging sector would be distinctly beneficial.
- As this is a European coverage role, there will be the need for frequent travel whilst being partly home based.
To apply please contact Stefanie Geraerts
0044 (0) 1789 207070
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Cape Town, Dubai, Düsseldorf, Göteborg, Istanbul, Lyon, Milan, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and Washington.
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Exhibiting at: Plastteknik, Med-Tech, Chemspec Europe, Kunststoffen, PPMA, K, Interpack, Compounding World, Interplas