Operations Manager / Director- Manufactured Packaging
OPERATIONS MANAGER / DIRECTOR- MANUFACTURED PACKAGING
Salary Guide: £50-65K + 24 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Private Pension + Benefits
*** PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN BESPOKE MANUFACTURED PACKAGING ***
Our client currently looking to recruit an Operations Manager to ensure that adequate controls and reporting mechanisms are in place to allow the efficient operation of all production facilities on a daily basis, ensuring the highest level of quality and customer satisfaction are achieved. Daily management of those operations directly and through the operations management team.
Working in conjunction with the Managing Director to ensure that there is a continuous improvement plan in place to ensure standards, facilities, and the operational management team are developed in line with the future needs of the business.
The chosen candidate will ensure that the highest health and safety standards are met and that a zero tolerance to unsafe practices is embedded within the culture.
Working alongside the Managing Director a strong key part of this role is to implement change to drive the business and company forward! My client needs a candidate who is strong, charismatic, has excellent man management skills and the determination to drive something forward. This role will be challenge, however a really exiting and rewarding opportunity
Nature and scope (including impact of decision-making):
- Total responsibility for the day to day management of 2 production units and inhouse transport fleet.
- Following consultation with the Managing Director assume full responsibility for developing and implementing a continuous improvement program for all key aspects of the operational facility including but not limited to; increasing output, productivity gains & efficiencies, housekeeping and hygiene.
- Day to day responsibility for 4/5 direct reports and approximately 80 indirect.
- Minimum revenue responsibility of £12M.
- This role will require the ability to deal across functions, from shop floor personnel through to, and including, senior managers of major customers and suppliers.
- Decisions made in this role will have a direct impact, both positive and negative on the profitability of the business.
- To operate at the highest professional and ethical standards at all times.
- Direct day to day management of two sites and their production management teams.
- Develop KPIs for all critical operational areas and hold teams accountable to those KPIs.
- Drive gains in output while reducing controllable waste and unnecessary cost
- Manage and oversee the control of internal issues with potentially critical financial and customer impact such as stock management.
- Oversee and manage day to day production planning in order to optimize efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain database to provide MD and senior management team with regular reports and data on critical areas of cost, productivity and output both weekly/monthly and in some cases daily.
- Develop maintain and manage an effective and appropriate preventative maintenance program.
- Champion and enforce the company procedures for quality, H&S, and hygiene. Ensuring compliance with certificated standards such as BRC and ISO 9001-2015.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement, empowerment and accountability.
- Develop and enforce best practice SOPs throughout the production process
- Identify areas to significantly enhance production capability. Manage and deliver, on budget, associated and other ad hoc capital projects.
- Ensure the on-going development of team members and other staff through coaching, constructive feedback, both direct and through line managers. Identifying your own and team's on-going development/training needs.
- Undertake annual appraisals as required
- Stay up to date with all market, competitor, industry and legislative developments, ensuring that the senior management team are briefed on their likely impact.
- As a member of the senior management team, work across functions with other members of that team to ensure maximum performance of the company.
- As a member of the senior management team ensure that you constantly display customer focus and reflect the culture of the core values of the business.
- Ensure you address all examples of the above behaviors not being demonstrated in others
- Reporting to the Managing Director