Regional Sales Manager - Food Packaging
NEW VACANCY! (PK6092)
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER - FOOD PACKAGING
£Up to £35K + Pension
Our client is a manufacturer of Food Packaging: Takeaway Containers & Trays; Salad Boxes; Sandwich Packaging; Portion & Deli Pots; Soup Containers; Cake Boxes & Accessories & Plastic Containers with Lids into major multiple retailers, distributors, cash & carries and wholesalers in the UK.
The role of the Regional Sales Manager is to manage an established customer base located in the Midlands and to deliver new business.
Main Purpose of the Role: In this exciting role, you will report to the Field Sales Manager and will have full responsibility for the sales development, profitability growth and management of an established account portfolio. You will also be required to seek, develop and secure new business wins in line with company targets and performance set KPI's
Essential Job Functions:
- Achieve and exceed individual territory sales target and new business sales target in line with company budget.
- To manage and ensure profitable growth within your territory account portfolio.
- To identify and prospect new business opportunities and convert into new business wins.
- To acquire, maintain and communicate back to the business up to date competitor information which will include product range offering, services and pricing policies.
- To plan coverage of your territory account portfolio using a detailed journey plan
- To collate a detailed profile for each of your accounts which will include:- key decision makers, products supplied, new product opportunities.
- Contract period where applicable
- Plan a sales strategy for each account with clear objectives to ensure profitable growth.
- Communicate with all appropriate departments to ensure set objectives for individual accounts are met.
- Monitor stock levels and movements on any bespoke product lines and ensure that the stock is cleared in line with company timescales.
- Assist the credit control supervisor to ensure strict payment to terms as agreed with each account timeline.
- A minimum of 2 years in an Account Management role is preferred.
- Experience in food packaging or consumables will be required.
- Excellent negotiating and relationship management skills.
- The ability to digest and understand technical specifications and retain product knowledge to assist the customers achieve their requirements.
- Confident, tact and a persuasive manner.
- Articulate and accurate.
- Good business sense with an understanding of leakage and credit control.
- Customer service skills and professional telephone manner.
- A positive attitude towards change.
- Pricing and product knowledge.
- Takes responsibility for own personal development and training.
- Initiative, energy and persistence.
- Language skills (not essential).
- IT literate.