Based in Warwickshire
Job ref: JE/46336
Salary / Benefits: Commensurate with experience
Established for over 41 years, our client is a privately owned successful injection moulding company serving the food storage, gardening, general storage, housewares and hardware sectors. The company is benefitting from recent substantial investment in tooling and machinery, which is supporting its drive for continued programmed growth through operational excellence, customer service, innovation and new product development. Operating from a modern factory, they are now seeking to recruit a proven Operations Manager as part of a succession plan who will lead the next phase of the company’s expansion. The turnover of the business is £20M and there are 41 moulding machines (mainly Krauss Maffei and Battenfeld) ranging from 160 to 1000 tonne.
Responsible for managing the production, engineering, quality, planning, logistics and inventory control functions. The mouldshop works on a rotating three shift basis Monday to Saturday morning and employs c55 people. This is a hands-on technical role leading and directing the team to drive forward improvements in efficiencies, yield, productivity and manufacturing costs.
- Manage operational resources effectively to meet the business plan.
- Work closely with the parent company (internal customer) on product development initiatives, production supply issues, material inventory control and planning.
- Drive and support manufacturing improvement projects (e.g. yield, process improvement, downtime reduction etc) throughout the factory.
- Improve manufacturing systems through hands-on leadership to further develop data management & interpretation, plant efficiency and customer responsiveness.
- Drive and implement KPIs appropriate to the business and ensure they are used to manage factory performance.
- Provide guidance and support to subordinates.
- Work effectively with group sales, customer service, quality, finance and technical personnel to ensure product quality and service levels are maintained to the required levels.
- Set expectations for subordinates and provide performance feedback.
- Work to ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
- Co-ordinate and support training of manufacturing personnel.
- Be an effective member of the Management Team.
- Demonstrate commitment to company guidelines and policies.
- Where required represent the company externally with customers, suppliers and local/government authorities etc.
- Minimum 7 years Plant/Technical Supervisor/Leadership (or equivalent proven track record) in an injection moulding company.
- Good understanding of plastics processing and tooling.
- Knowledgeable in planning, process control and relevant lean manufacturing techniques that can be applied to a fast moving injection moulding operation with a wide product range.
- Positive people manager who leads from the front and is enthusiastic about building a strong manufacturing team.
- Knowledge of manufacturing improvement principles and able to demonstrate successful implementation within SMEs.
- Effective and rigorous approach to problem solving
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to multi-task and oversee a range of manufacturing projects
- Taking a holistic approach and capable of making effective decisions
- Challenges status quo adopting an improvement oriented approach
- Be a positive example of company principles
- Service driven and results-focused
- Strong and robust character
- Hands-on and leads by example
- Clear communication (listening and expressing ideas)
- Observant and resourceful
- Strong work ethic
- Exhibits personal responsibility and takes ownership of tasks
- Strong team builder
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Maintains a professional image in all interactions
PLEASE CONTACT CONSULTANT DIRECTLY FOR FURTHER DETAILS:
Telephone: 01789 207070
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Cape Town, Dubai, Düsseldorf, Istanbul, Lyon, Göteborg, Milan, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and Washington.
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Exhibiting at: Kunststoffen, Fakuma, ScanPack, Chemplast Expo, Packaging Innovations, ArabPlast
Apply for Operations Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly