Site/Operations Manager - Polythene
NEW VACANCY! (PK6107)
Salary up to £40K dependent on experience + Benefits Package
Hours of Work: 9am - 5pm OR 8am - 4pm (flexible)
Our client is a family business specialising in polythene extrusion, print and conversion. Due to significant growth they currently require a Site/Operations Manager to take on planning and operational responsibilities from the MD. Depending on the level of experience there are also opportunities to take on additional P&L responsibilities too.
Polythene experience is essential for this role, with any commercial, technical or production background.
- Effective and efficient management and development of all staff, including skills assessment, training, motivation, communication, succession planning, objective setting and discipline
- Ensure the delivery of the production plan, on time and to required quality standards, through effective planning and management of all staff
- Ensuring working practices, which are consistent with agreed performance targets, conformance to quality standards and target waste levels
- Continually monitor own work and that of team to ensure conformance to Quality Standards, the Production Plan and productivity requirements
- Devise and implement recovery plans where necessary
- Ensure all relevant documentation and other recording mechanisms are completed in a timely and accurate manner, to enable the performance of the departments, machines, processes and individuals to be monitored and improved
- Ensure Company procedures/standards/specifications are checked and adhered to
- Work effectively with other departments and staff as necessary