Operations Management Trainee
Operations Management Trainee
Based in Sale, Cheshire
Job ref: SG/46905
Salary: Progressive and competitive salary
Hours: 40 hours per week: 8AM – 5PM Monday to Thursday, 8AM – 4.10PM on Fridays
A leading UK based manufacturer established in the late 80’s now a world leader the manufacture and design of protective packaging.
If you are an ambitious graduate with an operational background this could be the perfect opportunity for you to take the next step in your career.
To follow a management development programme gaining the knowledge and experience required for promotion to a management position under the direction and guidance of experienced personnel.
This is a hands-on development opportunity where you will work in each department to acquire a full understanding of each function and build credibility by doing the job you will one day manage.
· Receive training and perform duties in several departments such as Finance, Customer Support, Production, Purchasing, Sales, Marketing, Operations, HR, Quality and IT
· To gain a full understanding of the function and operation of each Department within the business
· Learn various line and staff functions, including operations, management viewpoints and company policies and practices affecting each area of business.
· Meet performance goals and objectives set by upper management and determined upon acceptance of position
· Lead or assist in special projects as set by upper management
· Report on a pre-determined basis on progress of goals and objectives
· Monitor performance progress with management and trainers
· Observe experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties
· Train in functions and operations of related departments to facilitate subsequent transferability between departments and provide greater promotional opportunities
· Provide support as needed in the various departments, including reporting, data-entry, presentation creation, strategic planning, customer service as needed
· To fulfill other duties as reasonably required by a manager to support the functioning and smooth running of a department and the business
· Graduate – Degree or equivalent experience
· 2+ years’ experience in Operations
· Manufacturing experience is highly desirable
· A quick learner, motivated towards career growth within our business
· Excellent communicator with the ability to influence and interact effectively with a wide range of staff and customers
· Strong written, analytical and presentation skills
· Ambitious and aspiring character
· Resourceful, well organized with demonstrable leadership potential
· Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
To apply please contact Stefanie Geraerts
0044 (0) 1789 207070
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Cape Town, Dubai, Düsseldorf, Göteborg, Istanbul, Lyon, Milan, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and Washington.
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Exhibiting at: Plastteknik, Med-Tech, Chemspec Europe, Kunststoffen, PPMA, K, Interpack, Compounding World, Interpla