Flexo Printer - Flexible Packaging
NEW VACANCY! (PK6128)
FLEXO PRINTER NORTH WEST
(Please contact me for location details)
The holiday entitlement is 25 days per year, and the other various benefits include: Pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, death in service benefit, bonus scheme, life assurance plan and child care vouchers
Rotating 3 Shift Pattern
Our client is a leading flexible packaging manufacturer supplying a range of high quality packaging into food markets.
Our client is currently looking to recruit a Flexo printer to meet customer demands to operate plant and equipment, performing assigned tasks to achieve optimum output, safely and at the required quality standards.
A recognised qualification for Print such as a City & Guilds Level 3 in Machine Printing would be beneficial.
- To ensure work is completed in a safe manner as required by the Company's Safety Policy.
- Ensure that good housekeeping is practised
- Spillages and waste are managed in accordance with procedures
- To inform the Manager or Maintenance Department of any equipment malfunction.
- Team working
- Help to train crew members to attain skills essential to performing their role within the machine crew, and to help them progress within the machine crew / company.
- Printing test runs and adjusting settings for optimum settings for final print run and colour feed to match required colour proof.
- Checking viscosity of inks.
- To watch the job whilst the machine is in production and to accurately flag and correct any defects when they occur.
- Routine maintenance of press
- To inform the FLM and Operations Manager of quality concerns and assist in their resolution.
- To produce high quality product to customer and to company specifications.
- To contribute to and actively participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Help no. 2 maintain consistency of appearance & registration of lacquer.
- Provide the QC Testing Laboratory with relevant samples in a timely manner
The successful candidate would have to demonstrate that they would be able to:
- Good process knowledge, preferably gained in more than one BU.
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Good attention to detail and ability to meet standards and follow procedures