Area Sales Manager (West Midlands) - Packaging
AREA SALES MANAGER - WEST MIDLANDS
£30K + Commission + Car + Other Benefits - an agreed commission amount is guaranteed for the first 6 months!
Other benefits to follow after the first 12 months of employment, such as private medical. Auto-enrolment of Pension will begin after 3rd month of employment.
Territory: Birmingham / Wales down to Bristol
Our client is a leading manufacturer and supplier of packaging machinery, protective packaging and ancillary products into a variety of markets worldwide. They are currently looking to recruit an Area Sales Manager to cover a territory from Birmingham / Wales down to Bristol.
The chosen candidate will be given accounts worth approximately £800K to maintain and develop, alongside targeting new business.
The ideal candidates would benefit from having some knowledge of the Packaging Industry but not essential. A background within the Engineering / General Packaging / Industrial or Construction Sales industry would be advantageous for this post but more than anything a hunger and desire to find new business is key.
- Identifying new customers / applications.
- Your own business strategies to gain the new business required reaching targets set.
- Promoting the company's range into new prospects and closing off the sale and then working closely with new accounts to enhance the sales portfolio and create new ideas and opportunities for the all the product ranges.
- You will control ALL aspects of their new accounts within the area.
Knowledge, Experience & Requirements:
- An eengineering background or the ability to understand the mechanics of a tool would be a huge advantage however this is not essential
- Be able to provide evidence of a good past sales history hitting targets set and over achieving them.
- Smart appearance, likable and approachable.
- Prepared to work above and beyond hours required.
- Ambitious, confident, enthusiastic and passionate about the job.
- A desire to succeed and be the best at everything they do.
- Have good time keeping abilities but also have a hobby that allows them to relax when not working.
- Good telephone manor with good face to face conversation skills.
- A smart appearance.
- Good communication skills at all levels working with Directors, Buyers, Managers and be able to demonstrate a good working ethic with plenty of self-motivation enabling the right candidate to rise to sales challenges set.
- Demonstrate good organisational skills in a demanding industry and be able to work to targets.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking for a career with a global company.