Area Sales Mgr-Approx 50% New Business / 50% Account Management
AREA SALES MANAGER - 50% NEW BUSINESS / 50% KEY ACCOUNT MANANAGEMENT (APPROX)
TERRITORY: EAST AND WEST MIDLANDS (50% will be in Warwickshire / Northamptonshire)
£30K - £45K + 23 Days + Bank Holidays
Our client is an independent Corrugated Packaging and Materials Supplier who have a turnover of around £6 million, a family business who are well established and have an excellent reputation.
Our client specialises in bespoke corrugated packaging (from conventional to heavy duty) and also supplies a full range of packaging materials, due to expansion plans they are looking to recruit an Area Sales Manager to manage an existing portfolio of clients (worth approx. £1 million) and develop new business within the Midlands.
The successful candidate will be homebased visiting the office approx. once per week / as required and will be supported by an excellent internal sales team.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills are essential
- You will demonstrate the ability to work under your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Successfully manage and develop a portfolio of existing accounts
- Generating new business via researching, cold calling, client appointments and visits
- Corrugated Packaging or Packaging Merchant experience would be ideal
- Must be able to develop relationships at all levels
- Possess the right attitude and attributes to succeed.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with strong organisational skills
- Ability to deliver an excellent customer experience and customer satisfaction
This is a new role for the company therefore an excellent opportunity to join a family business and develop the role as your own.